Birdy the Mighty Evolution

Me

Aggregator gang
Random thought: It has been three years. How long is it supposed to take to regrow Senkawa's body, anyways?

Contributor
@Me different from the first Birdy, in this one his body hadn't been send to birdy's planet where they are supposed to restore his body, so i think it hasn't even started the regrow......

Me

Aggregator gang
@negagen
I just flipped back to the beginning, and yeah. It makes more sense if she just had him in stasis.
And there was supposed to be a one month wait before they came to pick his body up.... boy, that was an eventful month. It feels a LOT longer for some strange reason..

Dex-chan lover
what, didnt realize that its here already.
thanks for scanlating this, at last the pain of waiting for this to be officially released on my country can be lessened

Dex-chan lover
After going through all of this I can safely say this has 90% nothing do to with the Decode anime... and i'm glad.
But man, only 5 volumes translated, with 13 in total ? The wait will be long.

LouWohl said: taken from Tetsuwan Birdy (II)'s comment page
"...I also can't help but note how weak of a Character Tsutomu is to his other incarnations. I already talked about some of my grievances in the last chapter comments, so I won't repeat myself too much, but all he's done so far is complain, make an insincere pledge to be more helpful, complain, rinse, repeat. The only character development he's had so far is that he secretly wants to bang Birdy, which itself undercuts their dynamic and comes off as cheap ecchi comic relief.

In the original manga and the OVA he was still the comic relief, but it was way less disruptive with their buddy cop dynamic and actually felt more natural and you could actually see them gradually begin to trust and depend on each other. In Decode, the most movie moment was when Tsutomu went back into Birdy's memories to get her out of her psychological shock. Here he just puts up with her because he's stuck with her, dismisses the Federation's mistreatment of her and her past tragedy because it doesn't affect him, and wants to bang her. It just sort of cheapens the whole thing.
"

I haven't read Birdy 2 because of the above comment. I liked Tsutomu in the OVA and his budding friendship with Birdy, so the above is very disappointing. Is this still an issue in Evolution? Does he grow as a character? I want something to look forward to. If that's not the case, then I won't bother.

They do become closer. They do rub off on each other some. Birdy learns a little restraint while Tsutomu gets a bit more agressive.

Dex-chan lover
After taking a long break from the series, I've came to read it again and.... In what sense do you read it ? Left to right, or right to left ? It's pretty disturbing as the reading direction seems to randomly change every few pages...

Finished reading birdy 2 it was good, finally could read this, been waiting, wondering if he gets his body and dates birdy or have have a good romantic relationship, maybe, plot kinda going forward, pretty good....

The Scanlators for this are all goats. I legit will pay for this manga to finish if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread