Change the World - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - An Inspector Calls

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I saw that coming a mile away.

Did he REALLY think he could get the detective shit faced and get away that easily, I mean, come on.

Power Uploader
And not only that. He sent Kokurou a message to stay away from the house... but Kokurou can't read kanji. I doubt Yu'ichi had the prescience to write in kana only. So Jou might just stumble upon the hitman he's been looking for... as a tenant of his subordinate.

Lol. The hands covering his eyes was hilarious. Then apologizing to the head for dropping them.. Lol..

jesus what a new work, gripping, dense, powerful, whew, jus read all 13 and im tired!
this is a monthly series correct?

Power Uploader
@onepunchman Yes, and we're caught up. The series is on a break in Japan this month, so next chapter is due out late July.

If you like this, this author's got other similar series. His magnum opus is Ouroboros.

@Kendama Thank you for scanlating this series as usual! I'm of the opinion that Change the World is better than Ouroboros, but that's just my opinion.

Power Uploader
@Rhythmatic I love both, to be honest, but for now I'm avoiding to compare them because there are only 14 chapters of CtW out, and Ouro is already finished.

However, I do see positive changes in CtW that may make it even better than Ouro as it progresses. For example, Yuuya's art has reached maturity in CtW (though his backgrounds are sometimes off in terms of perspective, but that may be the fault of his assistants): characters in the first 30-40 chapters of Ouro were really ugly.

There's also the fact that Ouro relied a lot on episodic cases in the first half of the series. There was the whole plot with Gold Watch, but for around 70 chapters, it was just Ikuo solving unconnected cases. CtW, in contrast, has a central plot that takes front stage from the beginning.

So all in all, yes, CtW might rise to be Kanzaki's finest effort. Ouro was only his second series, after all, and it achieved a very high level of quality. But it's a little early to tell.

(By the way, Kanzaki's first series was never scanlated and ended at three volumes. I gave it some thought but gave up in the end. It's called Subtropics nine, it's about baseball and - no kidding - it ran in Weekly Shounen Jump! I'm glad Kanzaki moved to seinen and another publisher straightaway. Shueisha definitely didn't fit his style.)

Chapter 14 is typeset and at redrawing right now, so look forward to it soon.

@Kendama Hooray for the next chapter! CtW is easily the most catchy series I'm reading. Solo Leveling and Kengan Omega are great, but they are best binge-read, while CtW is one of those series that offer some type of satisfaction as each chapter has some merit and doesn't rely on the hype factor.

Thanks again for your hard work. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread