Additional User Levels :maybe:

Fed-Kun's army
I think it would be nice to have user levels for roles within a group. Group leader is a user level, but there aren't any for stuff like editor, typesetting, scanner, etc. If the leader could set those levels for a group and they would be displayed on profiles, it could help identify people commenting on work they did or similar situations

Dex-chan lover
The suggestion presumes that no user plays more than one role within a group, or that one rile will out-rank another.

Fed-Kun's army
As for the multiple roles, you could just tell your leader whichever title you'd prefer. Roles out-ranking other roles i'm not really sure exactly how they work right now but they probably do something similar already. I know stuff like "Power Uploader" exists that either out-ranks Group Leader or you can choose or something

Dex-chan lover
As the other have probably mentioned, a member might hold multiple roles.. So branding them with a certain role is not a fitting idea.

Also, if I'm not wrong.. the user level holds some sort of tools/function/ability (I would elaborate more but I could be wrong about it so I won't).

Also also, you could just identify yourself as the one/one of the people who responsible for the translation works you know.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@ABCsOfLife You're correct. User roles grant site powers. Contribs, power uploaders, group leaders, and VIPs all get the ability to edit the descriptions of manga titles.

I don't think that i can contribute anything to this discussion but i would love to see some joke/funny levels like degenerate or siscon.
Don't take this sugestion too seriously i just think it would be funny.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
We've been thinking about changing our level-based system to the more flexible user roles, which would enable us to create them arbitrarily, grant permissions as necessary and assign even multiple roles to a single user. It hasn't been particularly important to do yet though so it's just waiting its turn.

As for whether it would be used to mark individual group roles, I dunno. I don't think this particular idea has come up. We'll see.

Power Uploader
I want to become group leader since i am currently working by myself, and i don't know how to change it.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like the idea of having roles just for people that hang out on the site often, even if they don't necessarily grant anything. Just something like being active on Mangadex for over a year, or for having over a certain arbitrary amount of views. Might be handy.

Users who are viewing this thread