Sheng Wang

Aggregator gang
After the first few chp was dissatisfying went in with low expectations but the rest picked up well

Contributor
I will just give one advice, forget this ugly thing and go read the original webnovel. This adaptation doesn't give justice to the original work

It feels like someone cut out all the pages of a book took copies and then dropped them on the floor. By picking them up a few pages shifted positions and the copies got mixed in. the only way I could describe the entire backtracking. that or the author has amnesia and forgets where he was in the story at the start of every new chapter.
Ch 16 arrives at school. Chapter 17 jumps back to halfway chapter 16 before he was sent to school without warning.

It's hard to read to say the least. It jumps between time, art style, references, puns, names so much that it's all a blur.
The plot seems decent, execution blows.

The correct Alt Name(s) is Sage Emperor & Sage Monarch

Sage Monarch is what the official* English WebNovel translation is going with.
While Sage Monarch is what the Unofficial (now dropped) WebNovel translation went with.

I don't know where the Alt name HolyLord came from seeing as the NovelUpdate link doesn't have that name shown at all.

*It's still in being negotiated it seems, but will most likely come out.

wtf ch 17-19 pacing are all scrambled and a mess! i cant understand shit

Edit: OMG IT EVEN EXTEND TO CHP 21!!! COME ON

Artwork is bad. You can't even tell what's going on in the "fights."
Story is cliche and boring. Standard "guy who was trash is now strong by pure luck" plot.
Writing is a mess. Can't even tell whats going on sometimes.
/dropped

Just like @okami said before me:

It's a shame because this could be good if it had a good editor, but it's just a convoluted mess, with no consistent art style. Even though artists have changed, there was some weird out of character clothing changes out of nowhere, like
MC's red cape with a skull brooch mid-ch.15, the first big art style change - for the worst
Also having no consistent translation, with 4 groups already and constant renames.
Thee pacing also dropped down a lot after the retcon, killing what little incentive I had to keep reading this.

In summary, to anyone interested:
Just go up to the first half of ch. 15 and drop it, maybe even try reading 16 for some closure. Consider it over by then, as everything else after that is trash and a retcon from ch. 15.
Wasted potential here.

Sadly this manga is dead, you can read novel, it is called sage monarch and it is AWESOME. https://readwebnovels.net/novel/sage-monarch/ You are welcome :)

This sucks. The story keeps reversing, changing art style, and simply makes no sense often.

thx for translating this again, raws are already at 103 and this stopped being trans back in 2018

Aggregator gang
Now where have I seen this premise before...

Oh yeah, fucking everywhere, because this is recycled garbage.

Dunno about source material but art is so messy, you can't understand anything.
Edit: they got new artist after awhile and all became normal.

Users who are viewing this thread