Why is it that I have to constantly go onto other sites just to read missing chapters?

Don’t get me wrong, I think this site is great and that there devs are good people, but I am constantly finding myself having to go onto sites such as manga rock, or dare I say...... mangakalot. I know that you guys are more “law abiding” that “other” sites, but it is still a pain to always be disappointed when looking at the chapter list. I don’t know, just felt like I should get this out off my chest.

And again, no offense to the devs, the website functions great and the community is warm!

Dex-chan lover
It’s to avoid the official translation and possible headaches in the future. Especially cease and desist letters.

Contributor
Some portion of it is also from fallout with scanlation groups (e.g. Fallen Angels ) that didn't agree with Mangadex's rules on group control (i.e. that one must post new manga at regular intervals to maintain control of a group)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@ashy It depends on what series you read. If you're into popular ones such as Shonen Jump, they're likely done by groups that don't want their content on MangaDex or they're only done officially by the English publisher.

If you're into niche content, like monster girls or lolis, you'll pretty much never run into the issue.

Double-page supporter
Most likely because of the official translation. For example, Tejina Senpai in here is only around 58 chapters but in Kissmanga, it's already around 78. That's because Kissmanga used the official digital release of the manga but they can't upload it here because they don't have permission.

Users who are viewing this thread