Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Vol. 9 Ch. 52 - Training

Dex-chan lover
This is the uber slow life isekai. Even all the "I'll stick to my boondocks village and farm the land" series have more action, of any kind, than this.

Aggregator gang
They take this slow enough without wasting so much time on food. That's a common crime in isekai though. Nothing could be more boring than spending half your chapter talking about food.

Dex-chan lover
GLORIOUS MOUNTAINS ARE MOVING!!

@bk3k We did have a recurring joke in the long run of the web novel we call it Food/Tour March

The people who are complaining about how slow it is, this is exactly what is happening in the novel it's a slow paced journey.

Dex-chan lover
@IdolTrust I'm not sure I'm exactly complaining after having read 52 chapters and watched the anime. It's not like I wouldn't know what to expect at this point. However, that being said, there are also different sorts of slow plots. It's a matter of what is going on slowly. Like @bk3k said, one of the worst kinds of slowness is caused by insane attention to food. Any kind of repetition also makes terrible slowness. I have read some xianxia novels and they can pay lots of attention to cultivation. It can be surprisingly interesting if the author is good, despite being little more than mumbo jumbo in reality. I guess you could write such stuff about Western kind of magic as well.

Dex-chan lover
This was a good chapter. Ignoring Mia’s mute imitation act, it feels like a lot of people had lines.

For those crying for action... please remember that the MC can insta-gib anything that isn’t a demon lord, and he can insta-gib those too if he uses his collateral damage meteor shower. Your action would be short-lived.

@Kaarme
Farm life slow life series with action only really exist imo because the isekai authors are hacks and can’t create interesting characters or situations without having to resort to something drastic. It’s like the equivalent of adding a love rival to a romcom, knowing they’ll only last 3 chapters and never be a recurring character, or a drama story relying on r0pe or the threat of it to spice things up. Imo it’s like when a story is so boring, the editor forced the author to turn it into a battle shounen.

Back to the topic of farm lives, I don’t think I’ve seen one quite on the level of Silver Spoon, at least on the isekai level. It feels like many authors are too busy trying to power wank their characters, ironically or not. If there’s something out there that doesn’t wank off the MC or their disturbingly detailed knowledge of how to make lye from scratch and dig irrigation channels with no prior background knowledge be my guest and tell me. Me likey SoL isekai.

Dex-chan lover
for all those who complain about the pace; it will pick up some when they reach their current destination to deliver the letter from the witch from the forest of illusion.

We are also preparing to meet several more character with as much or more 'plot' than Karina.

Dex-chan lover
@CivD666 I wish they met a competent male character, who's not a one arc (enemy) wonder. I always find myself pitying the isekai harem leads surrounded by a horde of girls/women. I can't feel a shred of envy.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
Wouldn't you pity the 2nd male character who's travelling along with the harem party, either because they're jealous or annoyed by the harem party ?

Group Leader
Page 16 - Tama looks like she's enjoying the smell of boobs.

Dex-chan lover
@ Kaarme There is one potential male character with the chance of repeat appearances, who will not be an intentional a-hole (he is just an intense lolicon), but he has only appeared once as far as I have read in the LN.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini No, not really. In the first place I tend to drop the (subjectively) terrible series sooner or later, so if an author inserted a secondary male character only to use him in the role of displaying jealousy, I might not continue reading. The secondary male should have his own love interest.

@CivD666 Better than nothing, I guess. I'll keep waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread