Second chance genre tag :maybe:

Contributor
We have tag for isekai, but not reincarnation. But I'm not sure if we should simply have a reincarnation tag, or create a new umbrella tag to cover both.

Genres are used to group similar mangas together.
But isekai and reincarnation stories are really similar in setting and tropes.
Bit of a stretch, but even some game mangas are following the same script, aside from the introductory chapter.

What you think about creating distinguished genre? Not sure what would be a fitting name for it tho.

Group Leader
usually reincarnation is more of an isekai trope than a genre, a plot device to explain how they went to the other world*. isekai (reincarnation) and isekai (transported) might be something that could be implemented with the secondary tags, depending how those end up being implemented.

*while in stories like tsuyokute new saga the mc does kind of reincarnate into the same world, it could also be called a different world since the timeline changes from the original due to the mc's actions, so its _technically_ the same world but its also a different "world" from the original

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm gonna tentatively mark this as Maybe.

Contributor
Isekai isn't really a genre, but a setting trope. But the term you're looking for is Tensei which is about series featuring reincarnation. Isekai and Tensei have a Venn diagram like relationship. There are certainly series which aren't Isekai which do feature Tensei. I know there's one about a Dragon reincarnating as a human, then there's also the guy that reincarnated himself to change his affinity only for humanity to have lost the understanding of what the various affinities are.

So yea, if we have Isekai, I think it's fair to include a Tensei tag.

Users who are viewing this thread