Disqus for commenting? :rejected:

First of all, I'm really happy with what you guys have been able to accomplish at MangaDex. Even as young as it is, with some minor changes and more up to date chapters, I wouldn't mind entirely abandoning the other sites i visit for manga.

For commenting, I was wondering why no one has mentioned Disqus? Is there some kind of incompatibility or something else I'm unaware of? Because instead of creating a commenting system from scratch, it seems to me that it would be better to rely on Disqus. At least until you've built a full system up to exactly how you want it.

is a Reindeer
VIP
It's already been considered and rejected during the same time that other forum packages were rejected in favor of developing one from scratch.

(Tbh I think it's a good thing as well. The site is young and people are understanding. The earlier you put out something like this the more feedback and suggestions you get without any backlash from people who preferred the forum/comment package.)

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
As @Plykiya noted, we're going with this eclectic homebrew forum for now. It'll get prettier and have more features as time goes on!

@Zephyrus and it looks great! I had meant it would be nice for the comment system on chapters, mainly. and that too only temporarily until you do finalize all the features you have planned. but either way, i'm happy with your decision

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@KMisded, I'm glad you're happy with how the forums are looking at the moment. They're not really up to my extremely high standards so I've been nagging @Holo to work until I'm happy. :V

I can confirm that manga comments are on a list of features Holo will be improving.

Users who are viewing this thread