Commenting is not very intuitive and a New chapter warning? :maybe:

>>> Commenting on a chapter is not very intuitive.
A - Having to click the comment button is fine, but (and idk if this can be toggled in the settings yet as I'm a new user) hiding the entire chapter after starting to write a comment is a bit annoying as I personally do random comments when I'm in the middle of the chapter. This is the worst when the chapter is in Long strip.
B - How to go back to the chapter itself. I ended up trying to go back by refreshing and reloading (the latter works!). If the chapter wasn't hidden when commenting this wouldn't be an issue but it can also be solved by adding a back to chapter button. I'm not a dev I won't be picky on solutions as long as there is one.

>>> New chapter warning
I'm subscribed to 75 mangas as of now. New chapters come very often. And also in several languages (this is not bad, I also speak spanish and french, if they release a new chapter I'll be as thrilled as I would be in english). The problem with this is clusterfuckness. If you could order your follows with a latest (already read) and have a warning such as having a latest (yet to be read) chapter in another color it would really help keep everything in order. People like having stuff organised for them ?If I leave for 3 days I'll have situations like 5 new chapters of a single manga. Latest as of now would show them all, if they were released all at once. If I'm not paying attention and lose track of chapters I've already read, I'll end up skipping or re-reading chapters. Not the end of the world but still annoying.

PS: Thanks alot for the work. Reading on Mangadex has been a very nice experience. I was introduced to it via a friend this weekend-ish and I can say that if you devs keep up you won't have any competition soon enough.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
If I'm not paying attention and lose track of chapters I've already read
Isn't this what the eye icon is for? The site already tracks what chapters you've read.

Contributor
Does not have to be a warning of notif i think, but a different color cause now we have different state of reading.
Ex: on hold manga will be yellow if has new chapter, green for 10+ chapter
And i just see a suggest of listing manga order by latest chapter(?) So it work more efficient(?)

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Holo has said that there's no easy solution for commenting in the middle of a long strip or a chapter. There's a possibility that the system will be tweaked but it's a slight one.

Tracker revamp is definitely on the list, but no timeline.

Moved to Maybe.

Sorry for the nekro, but maybe having a comment system similar to MangaHere with on-page comments could work for very specific segments of a manga chapter? Of course, these would be opt-in, and can be toggled if the user wants to read without seeing comments. That's literally the only feature I like about MangaHere.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Well, my apologies for bringing it back up again. I tried looking through old threads but I guess I didn't look deep enough.

Users who are viewing this thread