Dolly Kill Kill

Honestly, it's such a shame that this series got the axe when it did, I really could've seen it going on for quite awhile. Such a shame.

Group Leader
The following is my stupid opinion
The art is amazing, with great action scenes. But it falls short on... pretty much everything else. The plot is subpar and handled terribly, and the characters are flat and uninteresting. The horror element is there but I feel that it relies too much on shock and body horror (which it doesn't even do very well, the art style is too stylized to mesh effectively with).

This is horrible, taken seriously or not. Mahou Shoujo of the End, atleast had more unique ideas and is better read as a twisted gag manga. Dolly♥Kill Kill is a pass for me.

tragedy ?
i mean cmon, the only one who died is only unimportant character

i like the aesthetic of the manga, how the charasters are drawn but i don't feel the horror side of it much or it's just me used to reading and seeing gore or blood in story but overall i really like this manga.
i really wonder about the end of the manga . Does this manga continue as another series with another name or it just just end here? i really want to read the end of this manga.

I kinda like it, everyone had their own little backstory for the most part with satisfying conclusions.
There are plenty of shounen asspulls especially towards the end but they kinda~ make sense when they are given context. A previous comment here says it got axed but to be honest the way it ends is still fine. Don't let it discourage you from reading it.

I really liked this manga, but the ending felt incredibly rushed and unsatisfying. Does anyone know if it got canceled in Japan, so that the author had to rush the ending?

Aggregator gang
I honestly like the design the most, the second is action and planning.

But, it's axe ending.

For god's sake.
Still, it will be good experience if you read.

The final chapter was kinda disappointing because I hyped so much about the final fleet, but it could be worse.
It was a great run, even with the sudden end.

it's unique manga but sadly it's switched direction in the story too much to keep any constant probably due to the editor influence
at the start it wanted to be a sad horror and later it became your average story about the hard working mc who then it introduce an internet troll and make him a kung fu martial art and his Chinese teacher dress up like some old western dude for some reason
and walking bear as plot armor which would be cool and funny if it was a comedy manga
and it keep hyping that the MC will meet neet guy and became best buddies but
that never happen
and what make it more bad storytelling is pushing short haired girl as love interest while also doing so for the senpai and that only can work in harem series or when the MC is do dense
there was many meh character that the author tried to make us care about like the cold doctor guy or the unstable guy who shot the mc in his ribs just because that didn't develop or have any interesting interaction with the mc and were waste of space
and many character were honestly quite useless with really bad ability or didn't use well for example the chibi girl has the ability to tame animal which every fucking enemy can kill to easily since animals aren't really a treat
her boyfriend did really have an op ability but the author was like i can't let you live with such a broken ability or else how can the mc shine
the last of all the mc who did win by sheer plot armor every fucking time and despite the senpai knowing him she never intended to let him learn her teacher material art for reason even thou he is their only hope
and let's not forget the alien despite him wanting to defend humanity from his brothers the humans were like syke bitch you are gonna die and we won't think about the massive danger after we kill you
the story did really have big potential with the art and character design and unique setting but it's full of plot holes

I'm a gore freak for manga, if you enjoy people fighting for their lives and rip and tear through it like doom, it's a good read.

The story is good~ish, the art is great but the finale is reeeeally rushed and smells a lot like it got axed.

Overall 7/10 but only because I really liked the art of it.

This is one of the worst/best mangas I've ever read.

- :
- plot feels like some kind of speedrun
- main character is an unstable freak who behaves like Ender from Ender's Game, but like... from the start
- alien design is stupid af
- sometimes I couldn't believe my eyes when reading bubbles

+ :
+ good art style
+ awesome poses
+ cool alien designs (but makes no sense)
+ gore

I felt that the story was perfectly fine timing wise, until the finale where it felt very clear that it was getting axed so had to rush for a final climax.
Though good lenght overall, I would've wanted more, but at the same time that if it goes on for too long that becomes a problem too.

Solid 8
Great art and very interesting premise, quite a bit of Parasyte vibes which I love as there's far from enough actual parasyte content.

Users who are viewing this thread