Show comments ordered by newest last instead of newest first :planned:

VIP
Previously mentioned by @ColorfulSongbird here: https://mangadex.org/thread/17/posting-features-megathread/2#post_35739

Forums (and by extension, comment threads) generally do not have the initial setting when displaying most recent comments at the top of the page. They are generally displayed as the latest post at the end of a given thread. It's very jarring to follow in that format.
I agree. With the current settings, when you read a comment thread, replies to comments appear before the comment being replied to, which feels very backwards. It's a real Benjamin Button / Memento reading experience ?. To catch up on unread comments, you would have to scroll down to where you left off, and then read upwards, which doesn't feel natural at all. This was one thing about Batoto comments that bothered me for the longest time.

Miku best girl
Admin
At the moment, if you read comments in the manga page, it's newest first.
If you read the same thread in the forums, it is newest last (normal forum behaviour).
I need to not display all the comments in the manga page, and only display the latest 20. To read older comments, make people go to the forum thread.

VIP
Right now, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to get from the comment thread to the corresponding forum thread, or from the forum thread to the corresponding manga/chapter. Adding cross-links would make navigation a lot easier, I think. (And if this gets added, then I wouldn't mind the newest-first comments, because I'd be able to jump straight to the oldest-first forum thread.)

For comparison, dynasty-scans.com (which I also frequent a lot) has it so that the comments button takes you directly to the forum thread, and in that forum thread, there's a link in the navigation breadcrumbs at the top that takes you back to the manga page.

Miku best girl
Admin
Yep, more integration needs to be done on the manga/chapter/group commenting, lol

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Due to admin response, marking as Planned.

Personally, I much preferred Batoto's way of having the newest comments listed first. It was quite easy that way to avoid having to search through numerous pages of comments to find where you left off to see the comments from the latest chapter releases. Perhaps you could offer a button to choose which method each individual reader prefers to use in their settings section.

Users who are viewing this thread