Mangas of one-shot collections should also use the one-shot tag? :planned:

Contributor
As the title states I feel like mangas of collected one-shots should also use the tag, but I wanted to hear other's inputs on why or why not this would be a good way to categorize them.

While they may be centered around a theme, the chapters in these collections ARE self-contained One-Shot stories, something that can't be denied as most collections aren't even fully translated by scanlation groups who are able to pick and choose which chapters among these mangas they want to translate.

With this tag, these mangas will be easier to find for people who enjoy one-shots (like myself), or—for those who don't—to block when that option is implemented in the future. They won't slip through the cracks that is the Forgotten Abyss where genuinely good completed works sometimes disappear to due to the influx of newer, updating manga.

Thoughts? As a Contributor I'd be happy to tag them as I read them, but I don't want to overstep any unwritten rules on Tagging for this without some prior discussion.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Due to a miscommunication regarding interpretation of what an anthology actually is, I've reversed my ruling.

It's now my understanding that the oneshot tag will be available in the future.

Group Leader
an anthology is by definition a collection of oneshots, so using the oneshot tag for them should be fine, as it indicates that each story is self-contained and has no continuation.

Users who are viewing this thread