Showing Reading Direction :rejected:

hi,

Though this maybe obvious to some by just reading it or looking where it came from. I would still like to see the reading direction as it would just be a nice reassurance.

WHY - I find when you're looking through a lot of updates, with all those different reading direction, you can sometimes get confused..... This would also help those new to reading Man/ga/kwa/hua that don't know about looking for where it came from, and will probably save them time of trying to figure it out.

Layout - In the Description area and it would be nice to see the direction under each page in writing or an arrow?

Group Leader
This should be manually added by the uploader then ?
You could just write it in the description or ask uploaders to put a reminder at the bottom of the first page or something like this.
I don't think it's up to MD to implement this since it's honestly most of the time quite obvious.

That's my two cents tho.

Thanks for you're comment Shyning
"I don't think it's up to MD to implement this since it's honestly most of the time quite obvious."

it really could be quite simple to implement this, Such as they already have where the Man/ga/kwa/hua is originated from.
So...
Japanese = right to left <----
Korean & Chinese = left to right ---->

I agree with that most of the time its quite obvious but i am making this suggestion to make this website more user friendly by saving us time of having to figure things out and mainly I think this will help out people new to reading manga that will not know these kind of things.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm going to mark this as rejected because, for the most part, the reading direction is pretty obvious if you've been part of the manga scene for some time. It's also not really on MD to teach people how to read manga. :V

A tag seems to be a pretty simple solution and would be on the uploader to implement.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus I'm reading a Chinese series right now that is clearly right to left instead of the obvious left to right you might come to expect with their releases. I've seen this before with Korean series as well, usually left to right, sometimes you find a right to left. Definitely feel like I've run into a Japanese series or two at some point or another that were clearly not just the official localization and were left to right.

Also at times, the source of the raws could abruptly change too, from say Japanese to Korean, and this might affect the reading direction on a chapter to chapter basis which is super annoying by the way, and a tag on the main page for the series wouldn't actually even help that situation very much. They'd probably have to edit the description to list which chapters are which at that point. Regardless, this is not always obvious, and I still never see it as a tag on anything so was this never made into one or are the uploaders just not using tools available that would allow them to tag it with reading direction?

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap this one is a real necro. 11 months...

@Glomoro I think the uploader can just put a warning on the description since the series is going beyond the norm.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Yeah, I was about to make this suggestion myself if I couldn't find it in the list so I ended up adding my two cents here because either way the idea was already rejected but I feel like my point still needed to be expressed in this conversation because just saying "it should be obvious" really isn't fair. I was still catching myself wondering if I was reading it wrong at various parts of that series I mentioned.

It'd certainly be nice if the uploaders got into that habit; a lot of the groups have notes about the reading direction on their credit pages too but for some reason it never seems to line up with the series that are mysteriously not as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread