The Search Option Upgrade :planned:

Hi, Got a list of upgrades for the search.

- I would like to be able to view Man/ga/kwa/hua in Descending order by the amount of chapters. I believe this would help those looking for a long read.

- By adding the completed/on-going to the search. Good for users who r just fed up with reading up to a cliff hanger.

- Having the option to view latest release or most viewed on a search results. This with the previous suggestion would enable users to view the latest or most popular completed Man/ga/kwa/hua.

- Including and excluding genre in search. Already seen a lot of posts for this, But would be great for getting rid of Yaoi....

These reason are what i would use them for and why i am suggesting them to you. Please feel free to add more search options and comment below.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
- The amount of chapters doesn't necessarily signify how long a series is, there's some with 1 page/chapter and some with 100.

- Coming eventually

- Already possible in refined search

- Including genres already possible, excluding coming eventually

Group Leader
Teasday already answered most of it, but towards the first part instead of a chapter count, maybe a total pages count ?
I understand this would include covers, credits, FAQs etc but that'd be more accurate already.

Thanks for the comments Teasday n Shyning

- Yes, i understand amount of chapters doesn't necessary signify how long a series is but if you were looking for a long read this option is most of the time the best way in finding what you are looking for. Though as Shyning posted, maybe page count wouldn't be a bad idea either. I have used chapter count a lot in the past, when looking for a long read and it was the the top of the list for the reason i most wanted it to be available.

- Awesome!

- Oh, You're right.... Took me a while to find as the default page unexpectedly called "detailed" doesn't have this option and i thought that button was for just how you could view the layout of the page such as list n grid style....

- Can't wait!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
instead of a chapter count, maybe a total pages count ?
While not impossible, it's going to introduce a whole new set of problems, the most obvious being which group's releases should the pages be counted from. They're not always going to match. Credits pages, extra pages from volumes, TL note pages etc, all of these depend completely on the release. We can't count all alternative releases either because that's not indicative of the actual page count. There's also the problem of how to get the total page count in the first place. It'd have to be stored separately on the manga's row data because counting the pages each time would crush performance. And it's not just one extra column per each manga, it's one for each possible language.

tl;dr - no

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
As several users above noted, this is a mixture of implemented, planned, and rejected due to technical reasons. I'm gonna mark it as :planned: for now since some features are forthcoming.

Users who are viewing this thread