Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - Unexpected Encounter

Dex-chan lover
And this without a change will affect his life as a whole.... he'll get a good friend again... just don't let his sister control you in this one...

Double-page supporter
Please tell me hot warrior girl joins the harem.

"Up here is the Great Wall of China!"

@Clover_Zero Your user image is absolutely wonderful.

Aggregator gang
Tch, I'm disappointed with Elise's armor... It covers too much!

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't it be 'swordswoman' instead of 'swordsman"?

Not really necessary to have two versions of that word, to be honest. Even if people are using swordswoman too, we still call it "swordsmanship." I'd say this is possibly an example of people trying to be overly PC where they didn't really need to? "Swordsman" is already defined along the lines of "a person who uses or is skilled in the use of a sword" by various sources. The second noun definition for "man" is any human being at all, regardless of gender, while the verb form is about whoever is working at some place, running or operating something. This is generally the way it's being used whenever it's part of another word.

If we really wanna open this particular bag of worms though, I'd say the better option is not slapping an extra "wo" in every word that has a "man" in it. We've also changed over to saying things like "firefighter" instead of either "fireman" or "firewoman," y'know?

Users who are viewing this thread