Bastard!!

The One
Staff
Admin
Viz combined 82-84 into 2 chapters. that's why 84 is missing

Fed-Kun's army
Do these uploads include the new art work update?

Man this was such a great manga, it's sad as fuck that it's on such an indefinite hiatus. In terms of the Seinen demographic I consider it up there with the greats like Berserk and Vagabond, and if it was still continuing in it's usual schedule it would no doubt be hyped up. The apocalyptic setting, unique story, and overall cast was amazing.

The hiatus kicked off around Volume 27 which was pretty deep in the story, but I wonder how many arcs it would have taken before it reached completion? I guess the author got burnt out. The author is still around but who knows if the story will ever be complete. I hope it resumes one of these days though, at least under another illustrator since I assume the author finished the rough draft for the plot. The manga was definitely loved though so that's not an issue. As of 2008, it sold over 30 million volumes worldwide and that's an impressive feat.

It's always the fun shit that get's put on hiatus, sigh.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if the mangaka would be will to pass on their work rather than leave it unfinished. There must have been some sort of ending in mind

Aggregator gang
I'm scared as fuck to get into this one, seeing as it hasn't been updated in 8 years.

Fed-Kun's army
@Neo-Accelerator I read this a long time ago and yes, while it was a very FUN read, like despite how old it was, I really enjoyed the story and characters but this manga will sadly never get finished so I don't know if you would want to put yourself in this situation... otherwise, please give it a go, its fucking amazing.

Dex-chan lover
big hair and no pants. looks like classic 80s fantasy

Fed-Kun's army
In a world of darkness, populated by fugly bastards, monsters and children, comes a hero and his side-kicks. You can alway tell who he is, because they look like a hair metal band from 1986.

If I were the author of this I would have 100% killed myself by now. Love the early art.

@Neo-Accelerator Well, to anyone thinking of getting into Bastard!!, I want to tell you that when I was reading this I was in High School, and... my kid now is in Middle School..lmao. So lose all hope in seeing the end of the story. The author is like 60 yet, I doubt he will ever continue this manga. There was a chance since he used to put out a volume every 5yrs, but I guess that's not the case anymore.

HOWEVER, even if incomplete ...this manga is still a masterpiece worth reading.

Banned
@Rize_Suzumiya / @Neo-Accelerator / @BowlOfMisoSoup : How is this manga being incomplete supposed to be any different from 90% of the other manga on this site? There is functionally no difference in reading through a manga that is supposedly "updating" and one that has been effectively dead for 8 years. They're both incomplete. Both cases involve an abrupt termination of content in the here and now, regardless of what may happen in future.
Reading an incomplete manga is the same no matter whether it is still ostensibly continuing or not... as any such continuation is necessarily orders of magnitude slower than the act of reading it or any contiguous attention span.
I start reading from the beginning and I stop reading when I run out of content. I might eventually go back and re-read it from the start again at some other point, and maybe even get to see new chapters then... but it is no different to a completely new series by that point.

For that matter it is no different to hundreds of anime series that just abruptly stopped being made after the first season, despite a complete lack of closure to the plot. Or for that matter living beings who, regardless of their intents, goals or dreams, will just terminate abruptly and all of it be abandoned. That is just the way things are.
Things NOT getting a nice, neat wrap-up ending is the norm...

ANYWAY...

It doesn't much matter anyway. This manga from the start up until the Crime & Punishment arc is a steady 8/10 ... then Crime & Punishment drops it to around a 4/10 ... and frankly I gave up after the second time-skip. The unending back-and-forth bullshit between angels and devils got too much for me.

Users who are viewing this thread