Select one translation group within manga

Dex-chan lover
What happens if We_Are_a_Cool_Group has translated chapters 1,2,7,9, and 13; ABunchOfFatAsses has translated chapters 1,2,3,4,5,6,7; and Drunk_Again_Damnit has translated chapters 5 through 12? (I've seen such situations more than once.)

In theory, you could just make it the responsibility of the user to manage such situations, but a lot of people would be bit by not noticing that the translations of a given series were characterized by such gaps and overlaps.

Dex-chan lover
It seems as if one translation group could be prioritized, so that, when any give chapter were translated by multiple groups, the prioritized group's translation could be selected, but if that group had not been amongst the translators for some chapter, then another translation would be selected.

jak

Contributor
I too would like this. Like Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, Wicked House's translation is awful, but they get the views because they are faster than the other group, Desu Vult.

Fed-Kun's army
It kinds of breaking the MD' freedom of scanlations so I don't really likes it.
Rather than filtering, just so the duplicates don't pile up, I would prefer the chapters to be grouped as one, with choices for which scanlation you wish to read.

Dex-chan lover
This is a good suggestion except the ideal mechanism that you imagine can't possibly work in real life.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

I don't really know what nxisuichick wanted; I suspect that she or he hadn't considered the question that I asked, and that nxisuichick was only imagining cases in which translations were conterminous.

But the prioritization that I described would be pretty easy to code; the hardest part would be the user interface for specifying the group, and the challenge there would be in the tedium of programming.

Dex-chan lover
Oeconomist well, yeah. Anything is easy to code can be coded with sufficient effort. What I meant is that either users aren't gonna use it, making it useless, or some kind of drama would arise from a simple conflict from the system. Humans aren't perfect, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread