Sherlock

Oooh. Interesting. Really liked the TV show, hopefully there'll be season 5.

Dex-chan lover
Neat. Phlegmatic Lungpatch is my favorite Sherlock. Looking forward to this.

Fed-Kun's army
Too bad they went with fanfiction Sherlock instead of Doyle's version. The series with Jeremy Brett was far better, and not only because it wasn't riddled with stupid plot holes.

Double-page supporter
What? Drawn japanese fanfic on Banderole Cuddlehatch? What a weird world we are living in!

First a Magic: The Gathering manga, and then a BBC’s Sherlock manga.

I think I’ve slipped into an alternative timeline.

Dex-chan lover
@boldmonkey I agree that Jeremy Brett was the best. Jeremy Brett just was Sherlock Holmes, he was insanely good. Perhaps literally. It's actually one of the few cases, especially of your more classic literature, where I actually like the video version better than the books--the adaptation is incredibly faithful, but the performances are so vivid and the production values add so much period colour that my unaided imagination couldn't actually provide as good a version.
But I don't really have anything against the BBC thing; I thought it was a decent modern reimagining and I liked both Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman who played Watson (and Bilbo in The Hobbit movies, which were kind of bad but it wasn't his fault, he did a good job IMO). Really, they were pretty good. It's just that "pretty good" or even "very good" can't measure up to Jeremy Brett.

Fed-Kun's army
@Purplelibraryguy
Really, I agree that the actors did a good job in the new series. The reason I dislike it is that many of the new ideas added by the writers don't make sense, and if there's one thing I can't abide in a Sherlock Holmes story, it's an abundance of plot holes. Which is a shame, because aside from the writing it's all very well done.

Users who are viewing this thread