Scanlation status field on Manga page

Contributor
I wasn't able to see it in the list on the Mega Thread so I will just re-suggest it here.

Add a "Scanlation status" line to the manga page. In theory this would go under or near the "pub status" , this would allow scanlating groups to say if they are currently scanlating or dropped a specific title.The Field could be made searchable, thus allowing other groups if they troll through the site to look for other tittles to scanlate and could help cut down on multiple scanlating groups doing the same tittle , that is unless they want to.This would also help in cutting down on comments from people wondering if a specific tittle has been dropped/ hiatus/picked up for scanlating.

it appears that someone has had something of the same idea and started a thread for Manga's dropped by scanlators

https://mangadex.org/thread/5079

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Suggested a dozen times, and the answer remains the same: Given the fact that we allow concurrent releases from multiple groups and in multiple languages, scanlation status is ambiguous to define and inconvenient to implement, not to mention keeping them updated would require constant vigilance from the community and from us staff oversight and specific definitions for these dropped/hiatus/etc terms.

We're not an information database, we have MangaUpdates for that.

Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply, I had considered that it would be a herculean task as most of the others aren't constantly updated as well. I had only suggested it because I had not seen it suggested, however it appears that I was blind and just missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread