Matsurika Kanriden - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Double-page supporter
lol He can't take it back now xd I swear he better not approach her and ask for marriage

Dex-chan lover
Omg! Someone slapped some sense into him! HAHAHAHHAHA
But GIRLL!!! You can do so much better! It's in you!!! SDAH;DV;OHWS;H
Many thanks

Feels bad. She really is under a lot of stress, and not just because she's failing to live up to herself, she feels she's hurting other people with the expectations put on her. At least they actually talked the emperor into considering this, but I wonder...

Aggregator gang
So she can remember things while having no ability for analysis? Is that it? Not really sure how to teach that in a reliable way. I guess you just have to repeatedly provide analysis and break down your reasoning until the person just finds an example that they can dissect themselves. I don't really like such an approach, though.

You can teach knowledge but you cant teach understanding. That is basically the problem that she is having. She can memorize but she doesnt actually absorb the information that she memorizes. Its just information inside her head. Without being able to understand the information, she is basically just a walking library.

MD@Home
Oh, she'll thrive in my country's school system. All memorization, barely enough critical thinking.

I took up Education where we learned about higher order thinking skills, creating test questions that meet the holy trinity of cognitive-affective-psychomotor objectives, etc., but in practice, we are still expected by the government, school admin, parents, and students to teach to the test. :/ Incentives are tied to scores, after all.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, sticking her straight into the vipernest was a terrible idea.

Sucks to be the guys that scored worse than the person who literally started learning all of this stuff a hot minute ago.

Dex-chan lover
Thing is, even aside from her memory she may not be dumb at all. But she doesn't have the background. She's come in at a high level; everyone else has all kinds of foundation under what's being learned now, plus they've spent years training habits of thought and relating things to each other. It's like if you know a little arithmetic and then get shoved into a third year university math course, near the end of semester: Even if you can memorize the textbook overnight, you don't have the concepts that will make the textbook make sense. Or if you get shoved into an upper level English Lit course even--you can read the work they're studying, but when it comes to literary criticism you don't know the theory or the jargon or generally how to play the game or how to write an essay.
What she needs to learn right now isn't so much the material, it's how to be a student. Although she could skip the "how to be a prick" course they all seem to have taken.

Dex-chan lover
Either her "assistant" is going to be replaced, or she's going to save him in some way that'll indenture him.

Untitled-1.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, this was frustrating to read. Her problem is she doesn't know how to study, just how to memorize. Memorizing only works for tests that want direct quotes. It won't help you for tests that are essay based.

tiiis story flow doesn't look bad, it has an unique way of story, can't wait to know the next/future chapter

Cant stand the flow of the story anymore... it kept going downhill. It's just too negative to keep reading...

Fed-Kun's army
Ah I knew I would like Tenga Rei. He noticed a lot faster than I anticipated. Also, I can't really blame her for not knowing anything else but memorizing. She's never aimed higher for fear of disappointing. The fact that she doesn't understand how helpful her memory is from that snatcher incident already says a lot.

That Emperor is no different than parents who are choosing their children's education without paying attention to their interests, all because "they know their children the best".

A person can be a master of something, but does that mean they like doing that?

Matsurika remembers things at first glance, but she cannot learn them as fast. It sure is frustrating for her. While she already knows her flaws, she is so clueless about how to improve herself.

you know what, i'm glad they addressed the fact that he's being irresponsible with her. he has no right to decide the value of her potential, or judge what she does with herself, and i'm happy his friend gave insight into that at the end of this chapter. bc while i don't hate the emperor, seriously, fuck all the shit he's pulling here.

and she's right: memorisation isn't everything. of course a good portion of why she's flunking is partly due to her mentality (one i can't blame her for), but in general, she's never been raised with proper education or taught how to interpret and understand all this information- it's not rlly her competence it's just due to her lack of knowledge. so even with amazing memorisation, if she can't understand this info, it's useless. her memory is amazing and honestly places her with a much higher advantage than others with great potential, but she hasn't learned how to utilise it in an academic sense rn.

i do like where this story is going though, i'm actually rlly interested in how this played out

Users who are viewing this thread