thanks

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
i just use 1mbps net
so long to get the picture in 1 page

add some features reduce size of picture please

thanks

In this day and age, a lot of us forget that not everyone has access to decent internet. I'll add "Toggle Autoload of Images" or something to the suggestions megathread.

is a Reindeer
VIP
I think he's asking for the ability to toggle a standard lower resolution version of images for things that are clearly too massive
like if someone were to upload a 10 page gallery at 95 mb because they wanted every picture to be 6000x10000 resolution becuz muh quality

Power Uploader
There will be a "pngout" operation on site wise, hang on until that.

sorry I'm bad English language

yes , u guy know what I mean
kind of mobile site could be a few data

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
OK, got it. I'll change the suggestion to reflect that.

(I only started thinking about this after the DDoS debacle, so apologies if this is considered a necropost.)

I wanted to add some thoughts about reduced picture size in case this feature request gets picked up in the future.

Since it would obviously be too CPU-intensive on the servers to downscale on-demand, it would probably have to be done by caching downscaled copies of the chapters and serving a particular quality based on user preferences. It might make sense to have, say, 3 levels: low - for mobile, high - for desktop, original - for purists.

If downscaling all chapters server-side after upload is too enormous or expensive a task, maybe this feature could be supported in a best-effort manner by allowing willing scanlators or community members to upload multiple versions of their chapters at the various quality levels, with image quality metric and/or file size checks implemented to run (client-side in the browser?) prior to upload. The admins and community could work out the quality levels to support and the requirements for each, and propose best-practice downscaling algorithms and settings for uploaders to use.

I agree with @extremeshippuden
I myself have internet that throttles to 1mbps after a certain amount of usage, so having (lower res) pics that load faster will make the site more accessible for the likes of us! I know atleast one person who doesn't use MangaDex because it is takes too long to load pics.

Mzu

If this would ever be implemented, this feature would be a gift for poor plebs like us who can't afford a decent internet speed.

This is a good suggestion. Often than not my phone net can't handle big image size. MD loads decently on the phone, but it's always the page lagging out.

I was thinking either this, or a chapter size indicator so I know how big the chapter is and can avoid it to read later. But if there is a toggle to use a lower resolution or to compress the pages more, that would be the best.

Wow, thats actually quite a difference in reading now!

Thanks mate it is solved for me. You know what would be helpful? Making it visible for other users who are not aware about it (now if it is visible somewhere then excuse my noob remark).

@Arks2008 It's available in both global and reader settings. There are some announcements out there informing you about its release. If you didn't read them, blame yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread