Suggestion: Blacklist.:planned:

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering if it would be not too much of a hassle to add a genre blacklist function, like smut, yaoi, horror etc...

Group Leader
Yeah we should have one of those.

Maybe a "Disable by default" or "NOT genre0 NOT genre1 NOT genre2" in cookies/options

For safty, let me say this now...
! ! ! DO NOT @ NOTIFY ANYONE ABOVE ME IN THIS THREAD ! ! !
I necro bumped this, they don't need to know.
zeen3 did nothing wrong, the color feature was removed. Dont bother him about it

Not sure if necrobumping is looked down appon here. Considering there currently seems to be no notification system for threads, I'm assuming its ok.

I wanted to ask about the planned scope of this blacklist. Thats is, what it affects.

From my POV, a reasonable implimentation would:
1) Hide manga matching the blocklist in:
* recent updates
* featured manga
* new titles
2) Change the default advanced search to have the tags marked as blocked (red minus). Still allowing user to explicitly search for a manga with those tags.

I question how/if the the following should be affected:
* Follows
* Reading History
* Title/Chapter pages of manga (I hear nice people like to PM yaoi links when you tick them off)

IMHO, Follows should be left unaffected, As much as possible.
This would mean recent updates and feature page should not filter blacklisted items you followed. Would need a db view comparing each to the users follows table.
Similarly, reading history should be unfiltered by tags.

Manga title/chapter pages are a little more difficult... It would be a nice to have, but I'd say low priority feature. Basic implimentation would need a temporary whitelist, eg. a browser cookie, stating manga X is excluded from blacklist. A warning on page load, with an option to add the title to the temp whitelist, and then the page should reload. If we are in the reader, the reading history should not be updated until the page reloads after whitelisting.
Alternatively, we could require them to follow it before reading.

But thats under the assumption that the blocklist is for blocking manga your not generally interested in.
However, some users are looking at it for a "safe mode", blocking echi for instance. I believe they are the minority for this feature, but their problem is real nontheless. We don't currently have a SFW mode and that would be highly appreciated for use at school, mobile (coworkers/friends/family/strangers looking over your shoulder), and mayby workplace(DO YOUR JOB!).

Edit: In retrospect, i probably should have just waited for it to be implemented to find out. But in my tiredness, i let curiosity get the best of me.

For safty, let me say this now...
! ! ! DO NOT @ NOTIFY ANYONE ABOVE ME IN THIS THREAD ! ! !
I necro bumped this, they don't need to know.
zeen3 did nothing wrong, the color feature was removed. Dont bother him about it

Users who are viewing this thread