Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Nostalgia-like Memory

Thanks for the chapter!

Question: You mentioned in translator note that you saw it was on bookwalker for free. What do you mean by that? Do you mean there's an official version? Or that's where you got your raws to do this?

Apparently the pronoun 'Ore' was used by both males and females during the Edo Period, however if she was 88 when she died then she would have been 60 odd years too late for the end of the Edo period. I guess its just something that highlights that she's old and the use of the pronoun for both genders stuck around a bit when she was younger.

Anyway, this is really cute.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I really like this series even though we only have one chapter to go by. Could be pretty cute and interesting. Reminds me a lot of "Shougakusei ga Mama demo Ii desu ka?" which has a somewhat similar plot of a mother (instead of grandma) dying and reincarnating. And it actually dealt with a lot of issues of reincarnation that are usually overlooked and ignored, which was pretty refreshing. If you like what you saw here whatsoever, I'd suggest checking that out as well.

My guess as to why a grandmother would start using the "ore" pronoun is because she stops giving a shit about being so formal and uptight. You see this all the time with older people were they don't give two shits about small conventions like that. And, especially in Japan where elders are so highly respected, few people are going to give them shit for it.

@fatalystic Just to note, I finally found it on Bookwalker. Japanese version only. I wasn't sure if he meant there's an official English version or just Japanese.

Group Leader
@RhoninFire Yes, I was talking about the Japanese volume. Sorry, sometimes I forget Bookwalker has an English website since I don't visit it.

Users who are viewing this thread