Men of Culture's Debates

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex is the greatest manga reader of all time and we are the elite of its community.
As the chosen ones, it is our duty to respond at the interrogations that normal readers can't.
This is why we, The men of culture, meet every week to seek the absolute truth.

So after this embarrassing introduction, let's start our first debate.

Dex-chan lover
Topic n°1​

Hands holding vs Feet holding​

Introduction: As we all know Hand holding is the Lewdest activity 2 human beings can achieve.
Well it was true until the event of the 20/01/19.
20190125-004039.png

This is called "Feet holding".
I think we can all agree about this statement: This is LEWD af.
But is it reaaaaally lewder than Hand holding?

So here is the topics of this week.
Is "Feet holding" lewder than "Hands holding?"

Source: https://mangadex.org/chapter/524384/1

Dex-chan lover
Yes, @BlackGeneral, the situation depicted is indeed super lewd. However, I opine that it falls short of the level of lewdicity which is hand holding.

Reason 1: Tsukinaga-kun is wearing socks while Komura-san has thrown all modesty to the wind with her bare naked display. This would be analogous to one person wearing gloves while the other isn't, which invites a hefty penalty to the Lewdicity Index for that situation. Full, unfettered skinship is an absolute requirement for any act claiming to be The Lewdest Act between two human beings. Most hand holding events are conducted within the parameters of raw epidermal contact.

Reason 2: Komura-san is commendably perspiring with vigor, which is lewd. If Eddie Murphy taught us anything in 'The James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub' lecture, no one can be said to enjoying the highest levels of human arousal until they are"...just breakin' out in a sweat!" Still, Komura-san's efforts notwithstanding, I have sincere doubts about the foot's ability to sense the enticing moistness of perspiration with the same degree of sensitivity as the hand. I've worked out for two hours, completely unaware that my feet were sweaty. But, I can sense the first hints of sweat forming on my palm (or that of the girl whose hand I'm holding) within two seconds. Consciousness of a partner's amorous nervousness as signaled by sweaty palms is the hallmark of the pinnacle of lewd behavior.

Feet holding is an interesting alternative choice within the activity menu for lewding between humans which has a valuable place when variation & experimentation are desired, but it must be classified as lewdity of a secondary status, not on par with the ultimate act of public hand holding.

Fed-Kun's army
I had this tendency when I'm little kid to hold my mother's feet when sleeping with her.
Is that incest act?

Dex-chan lover
Kinda want mods to put out a poll in the week between interviews

But gonna try revive this and ask.

Is Gap Moe actually the strongest character technique that draws you to the best girl?

My argument is that no matter if they are Tsun,Yan, Dan, Kuu, Those are only Moe if the character shows Dere at times which makes the word complete.

Or as the "chosen" We are just explorers that are attracted to learning the hidden sides of fictional characters. Ie Richie working part time. Delinquent feeding cats. Homely char can't cook?

Is Gap Moe the one trait that all weeb worshipped girls need to be successful?

Fed-Kun's army
@Teddy Legend say that finding out girls' unknown side is the joy of being a man. Sure enough gap moe is holding up to the legend.

I agree that Gap moe is one the Best features a female character can have, but I don't think it's a prerequisites to be Best Girl.
For example Yui from K-On, her principal features are Cute and Dumb, she don't have any Gape moe but still Best Girl in the heart of a lot weebs all around the world.
So yeah...

Dex-chan lover
@Jordan_Weeberson

If this wasn't a men of culture debate, I'll call them all blind, when there is Mio, Azusa and Ui in the same show.

I would say that Yui doesn't have the gap moe definition that comes to mind when talking about gap moe but...

Count all the different facial expressions Yui has across the show.

Where as Mio has a bazooka that vaporizes anything with a single hit, Yui has a pea shooting machine gun.

As a bubbly girl, her expressions are on full display. Although her default mode is Happy. You get to see different sides to her all the time; Sad, Excited, Teasing, Lethargic ,etc... (Even Cool). Every episode you can expect to see different sides to her. Now her gap might not be huge each time but you are assaulted like from all her sides like a bloody DOS attack.

tenor.gif

From just this COUNT THE EXPRESSIONS MAN!!!, ITS BLOODY ADORABLE!!!

ahem, pardon my french

On the other hand this...

c1f83cb18ea55445a168cb2592a4ff65.png

VS

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Now I do agree different people are more susceptible to different armaments, so yes Yui might be Best Girl to some (despite paling to MIO).

P.s For those who noticed the underlined "her" and saw "DOS" as a spelling mistake. They were intentional. You can still tell the attack is coming from Yui despite her different sides but...

CGDCT

K-ON with all its characters is a DDOS attack with GAP between characters and within characters, all armed with different weapons raiding you from all sides. Those who survived the onslaught that was K-ON, either aren't weebs or are watching the dub versions.

There is a reason why K-on was a debated progenitor to all these idol groups/anime and seasonal CGDCTs (most are bad though).

Edit: spamming and adding spoiler alert to spam and added this video

https://youtu.be/04vD2XJen0M

Oh god... you are right.

Yui's gap is being cool.
Her default mode is lazy and cute, but if her friends need her help she will become reliable and hard working.

I always thought of Gap moe to be "something who makes a character cute."
So, it did not make sense to me that a character whose main feature is "cute" can have something that makes them "cute".
I was wrong all those years...
You have my gratitude @Teddy, I'm now a better weeb thanks to you.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda want to get this to 3 pages of comments. So gonna add another debate.

Which is better:

A girl you get in a dream.

Or

A girl who makes dreams with you.

Explanation.

Do you like to watch/read about heroines that are out of your league or those who are right beside you working hard to increase both your leagues.

Eg

Chitoge vs Onodera

Himeji vs Minami

Shiina vs Nanami?

No structured arguement but personally perfer latter

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy An interesting question, my fellow Man of Culture.

The uneducated masses would brainlessly chase after the high-league girl, simply because it's what society tells them is the better choice. Merely sheep acting on instinct. However, those sad fakers who dare to pose as Men of Culture would just as brainlessly pile onto the supportive, low-league girl. Pity these poor waifus, for they have been chosen by people who secretly feel they can only settle for a girl of their caliber.

We true Men of Culture can see there's more to the issue than meets the eye:[ul]
- For an appealing girl to choose you means that she truly likes you for who you are, since why else would she pick you over her many other possible suitors? On the other hand, such girls often run the risk of becoming annoyingly perfect people who can do no wrong. You'd bring nothing to the table in such a relationship other than your dick, and would basically be reduced to a disposable accessory at that point. It would defeat the point of being chosen for who you are in the first place!

- With an earnest, hardworking girl with little appeal, you have the benefit of being on equal footing with her. You support each other, and it feels good to cheer on a girl who does her best to overcome her own relatable shortcomings. But these girls often run into the opposite problem, where their little appeal tends to result in them being, frankly, just boring and bland characters. To go for such a saltine-cracker of a girl at that point wouldn't be choosing the Best Girl, but just picking the most accessible one.[/ul]
When you put it that way, neither of those options sound worthy of our quality self-insert fantasies!

Therefore, in my opinion, a Man of Culture™'s answer should be
whichever one's cuter.

Sounds lewd.

Girls who are out of my league, because all girls are out of my league.

"Jokes" aside, low-league girls are, in my humble opinion, unquestionably better than high-league ones. Although exquisitely written, I do not agree with @PantsMan's post, mainly because I refuse to believe that girls with little appeal need to be boring. Often, appeal has to do with girliness, tired clichés and being cutesy. Thus, gals with little general appeal may have a large amount of appeal to a niche audience.

Additionally, in choosing a female by their appearance one could very easily feel pressured into insincere pretensions, or if the relationship was started dishonestly, keeping up their brittle facade. With low-leagues one generally feels more free to be themselves, since one does not have a feeling of having to live up to arbitrary rules. This leads to interactions and dialogue far more interesting, unorthodox and heartfelt than anything involving high-ranking females. And is it not the desire of every Man of Culture to have their superior intellect be acknowledged?

"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
- George Orwell, 1984

Dex-chan lover
girls in their 20s to late 20s are hoes and thots. If you wanna sleep with a girl that has slept with more guys than you have fingers + toes go to pub parties.

girls in their late 29s 30s want men for making a family making babies and no game playing, I love it.

you are going to need alot of money if you are not an attractive alpha to get some fun with hoes / thots.

you will need to be a responsible man if you want an intellectual woman in their late 20s early 30s.

Dex-chan lover
@pantsman

May I propose a counter argument to your view on those out of your leagues.

Just because they are out of your league, doesn't mean their perfect.

Explanation: Chances are you'll never be as successful as Tom Cruise, Bill Gates or even the badass kid in the neighbourhood but that doesn't mean those guys are perfect. In the previous debate about gap moe. It was established that finding out a hidden side about your lover makes you love them all the more. Just because they're out of your league doesn't mean they flawless. Maybe she can't cook, maybe she can't fix a drawer, perhaps even all she wants is a person who understands shes not perfect, a person that she can stop pretending to be perfect around and chill with. Or maybe you can even help with some of those flaws and won't that make her even more awesome?

Perhaps you can't bring anything to the table because you never dared to sit at the table.

2. @TLama

I agree just because a girl is in your league doesn't mean they have to be boring. Maybe you're both high leagued but in the same league does that immediately make her boring? I hope not.

Also different people have different perferences tomboy and innocent are completely different but have their own niche audiences.

Lastly If one only chooses solely based on physical appearances are they not like the elderly flithy rich that marries and remarries or spends all their cash on pleasure? Or in reputational appearances it just looks like one is using the other to get promotions or power which doesn't bring them any bonuses in the reputation department.

The difference between a man of culture and a pervert is like the above . Is that a man appreciates, understands the value of and thus respects women whilst a pervert only cares about how they look in their bedroom.

Which brings me to 3.

I must be doing something right, if @kronix is here to try mess things up.

First of starting with insulting an entire spectrum of women based on their age is known as ageism and sexism.

No women do not magically become virgins the moment they reach late 20s. Women are humans, as obvious as that is, it means that they are all unique individuals. There are those who are live for pleasure and those who don't. Perhaps the late 20s women you have met are not the type to enjoy multiple partners but they are also those who are in early 20s that are also like that. And vice versa as evident that cougars exist.

Perhaps your sexism is due to prior experiences, perhaps it is due to your openess to be derogatory towards women. I don't know anything about your life. So benefit of doubt as in Common law.

Perhaps the statements would be valid in a debate about ages of those within the mangadex community strikezone. (In which most would probably get flagged by FBI.) but seeing as the debate is about

A girl you get in a dream.

Or

You seem to have digress the debate solely to insult based on sex and age not whether which type of league is more appreciated.

Men of culture appreciates not objectify their counterparts. Please understand that.

In that regard, it is obvious that this thread is sexist as it debates what appeals from woman or mostly 2D ones that do males appreciate. But it is a far cry from objectifying and insulting 3D ones just because it doesn't match your 2D fancies.

Please take this as a challenge to change yourself into a gentleman. Thankyou

Aggregator gang
This would seem to depend on how persons are defined under the law. Also what you're asking if they're legal for. Supply these hypotheticals, fellow cultural bastion.

This starts a whole new debate on whether laws apply to ghosts and if the crime they commit has real life victims and whether they can be the victim, considering this if the law does apply to them its a solid yes. However if the law does not apply to them its also a resounding yes.

Users who are viewing this thread