Suggestion: Logging public edits with Username, what was edited, & time stamp. :rejected:

Group Leader
Like the thread name says...automatically logging public edits with username, what they've edited (changed, added or removed), and time stamp on any series...similar to how it is on Wikia on how it logs IP addresses of anyone who makes a public edit to a page.

This is because it's mainly due to the jackasses who make changes to a manga, probably because they don't like it, by abusing the edit feature. i.e. marking a normal slice-of-life/isekai manga as "Hentai, Yaoi, Yuri, Shounen, Seinen, Horror, Tragedy"--all at the same time.

It's great that users can contribute to editing when adding a new title, or if changes are done to the series itself in the country of origin, requiring an edit to reflect that change....

...BUT that can, and has been abused. So that's why I'm suggesting having edits logged, and publicly visible to everyone, so when this type of abuse of the system is found, the user in question can be reported to mods and be either warned or banned from doing this shit again, similar to how batoto used to give warnings/strikes to users who break the rules/guildlines.

Also: a section of the forum to report users who break rules/guidelines.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I won't comment on the editing part because I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Holo is currently addressing that for several reasons.

As so the forum section for reporting...I'm not going to push for that when Holo begins to work heavily on the forums. I believe the report function will serve that purpose without mods having to manually check a forum ever so often.

With a report function, we'll be able to react faster and more efficiently to any reports made.

Group Leader
I won't comment on the editing part because I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Holo is currently addressing that for several reasons.
Guess that's the reason why I've noticed the edit button is gone shortly after I made this post.

With a report function, we'll be able to react faster and more efficiently to any reports made.
Very true. I'd much rather have a dedicated report/or red flag function for the bad eggs. I take back what I said about posting reports on forums.

Staff
Super Moderator
Very true. I'd much rather have a dedicated report/or red flag function for the bad eggs. I take back what I said about posting reports on forums.

There is a priority list that Holo is working off of right now. Currently he's working on advanced search and some sort of tagging system. After that, he'll be turning his attention to the forums. There is a long list of features (in order of importance) that we hope to see in the next month or two. A report function is on that list.

Contributor
I also agree with the Harry_Dong's suggestion. It'll make people to be accountable for every change they make in manga descriptions.

Zephcemi: Thanks also for the update re: some of the upcoming features on this site.

Staff
Super Moderator
I also agree with the Harry_Dong's suggestion. It'll make people to be accountable for every change they make in manga descriptions.

Zephcemi: Thanks also for the update re: some of the upcoming features on this site.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that public edit logs have been rejected by Holo for security reasons I believe.

You're very welcome! I try to make sure users have some idea of what's going on with the site and forums.

Group Leader
Unfortunately, I can confirm that public edit logs have been rejected by Holo for security reasons I believe.
Though will it at least be reintroduced for people with some kind of special member status? Be it as 'group' members or 'uploaders'?

Group Leader
That's too bad. If that's no dice, then what are some alternatives planned to addressing this issue?

Carnage
Though will it at least be reintroduced for people with some kind of special member status? Be it as 'group' members or 'uploaders'?
That doesn't sound bad at all. It would at least prevent any malicious joe schmo from editing shit they have beef with willy-nilly, while still having the community keeping manga titles up to date as they happen. I'm for this idea.

Edit: Well, now that Holo implemented the Contributor status which tackles this at its core, this thread has now become unneeded. Any way to lock this thread or delete since it has fulfilled its purpose?

Staff
Super Moderator
We have tags now so we can see at a glance what the status of a suggestion is! No need to lock future threads with this system. =)

Users who are viewing this thread