Separate and add more reader options for desktop and mobile :implemented:

Fed-Kun's army
Hi,

I've posted this before in Discord but I think it would be more viewable here. I have two features I would like to see added to the reader:

1. Two page mode plus image scaling options.

I think mangas are best to be read when two pages appear side by side emulating physical books. I personally used 2 comic reader applications, ComicRack (for desktop) and Cover (for phone) and both of these apps offer what I figure is the best option to read mangas: two page view. These look especially good on desktop where I can have two pages taking up the full width of the browser window but it would also work well with fit height which is the settings I used on my phone because screen size is more limited and I think fit height works best on phones

Two page view + fit width on desktop
Bdii9xLb_o.png

Two page view + fit height on desktop
Rkx98WBM_o.png

Two page view + fit height on phone
PoL80fQU_o.png

PoJpH5NJ_o.png

nfAKqnCJ_o.png

2. Separate reader mode & scaling options for mobile and desktop.

Because right now the reader settings are tied to the user logged in to the site, and I think some users would prefer to have different reading mode depending on their devices, I suggest MangaDex to improve on this by either adding/separating reader settings or move reader settings outside of user settings so that it doesn't tie to the user but rather to the device.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you consider these suggestions.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
We're working on a new reader at the moment, though no word when it will be out. We hope it'll cover some of your points!

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah the new reader's going to have fit to width/height/both and no resize

Fed-Kun's army
Gonna keep a close eye to see if these changes are confirmed ?

Users who are viewing this thread