Devil's Advocate: Don't add too many tags. :maybe:

Contributor
Just a reminder that tags' usefulness in quickly asessing a work is to some extent inversely proportional to the number of tags.

(Bringing this up since we're talking about adding a bunch of tags)

For instance, if a series has more than five or six tags, and certainly if it has more than ten, it starts to become easy to miss one.

(Also, after a certain point, the more there are the less consistently they'll be applied because just considering them all gets to be a pain.)

Mangaupdates separates tags into genres and categories for this very reason, I believe (and in that system not every manga has all its proposed categories visible); I'm not saying the same should be done here necessarily, just food for thought.

TL;DR: sites where important tags get drowned by insignificant ones are annoying.

Power Uploader
could possibly seperate genres from categories and make them invisible for those who doesnt care but still search-able for those that do

Miku best girl
Admin
I'm open to revamping the whole system.

We could also separate the demographic (shounen/shoujo/seinen) from the genres.

Power Uploader
Tags can be voted by users, and the ones that voted high could be visible while others are hidden until you want to see the whole list.

Group Leader
User voted tags would just give us lolicon, pettanko and oppai-loli.

Contributor
I posted this in another thread but I'll say it again, Some official guidelines as to what constitutes a getting a tag would be nice. That way series aren't full of useless tags.

Like a manga that has a 4 chapter sports arc, but has 80 chapters that have nothing to do with sports. It shouldn't get a sports tag, or a series where a character cross dresses for a chapter or two probably shouldn't get a gender bender tag.

Just looking at some of the new uploads as they come in some have tags that have little to do with the actual content.

Even a prompt when selecting tags or even a mouse over would be nice and maybe clean things up abit. That way when you search for a tag you don't end up with the same series every time no matter what you search for.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Tagged Maybe due to ongoing discussion of upcoming tagging feature.

Fed-Kun's army
probably already planned, but: content tags à la nhentai.net would be greatly needed for hentai content now that it seems more and more groups are uploading their hentai here

Users who are viewing this thread