Shin Cooking Master Boy!

yu6

Contributor
Thanks ABAJ for starting to translate this series!

Thanks for the transaltion, but just fyi In my country serialization, his name is xi er not translated to shell and he is master of dim sum (not shumai, shumai just 1 type of dimsum, this is important in later chapter), not nagging just my 2cent

@avryanz they're using the English names that were used for the anime a long ways back. You'll most likely see the same thing when Li Wen/Leon gets introduced later in the story.

If I remember correctly, there will be a remake of the anime, right?
How I miss this manga so much!

Fed-Kun's army
If this series is being updated regularly, I'm gonna follow it cause I love Chuuka Ichiban.

Group Leader
Talk about coincidence, three days ago I was watching the Mao vs Masked Chef battle on the 90s anime

Happy birthday Synth, thanks for bringing back this nostalgic manga, really enjoyed it

we're finally getting into the Legendary Kitchen Tools arc, really thank you so much for all the hard work on this series.

Aggregator gang
The 1st season at least is still within the realm of reality with Mao studying various skills and cooking dishes. They introduced a lot of new and rare Chinese recipes. Some are invented but still acceptable.

The 2nd season, however, is exhausted of idea. Most of the dishes and cooking showing are to create Drama to satisfy the sense of Justice of Shounen fans than actual cooking wisdom and knowledge.

At least, that's how i feel. I could be wrong though. Either way the plot and the characters are still somewhat in the range of 6 to 8/10. You may be able to derive enjoyment from it.

Group Leader
this manga was really popular in my country and got bunch of licensed manga completed, glad someone pick up this and someday getting english release.

Users who are viewing this thread