Don't mark as "Complete" if the scanlation is still ongoing:planned:

Fed-Kun's army
Lately I noticed there's a lot of manga which is getting marked as Completed because the original is completed, but they are actually ongoing translation-wise.

Please don't mark them as completed if the scanlation is not completed! (just like it was on batoto; we are not mangaupdates!)

is a Reindeer
VIP
The completion status is for publication. If it's done publishing, it's marked as complete.

Fed-Kun's army
It wasn't like this on batoto, though. Honestly, on a scanlation site it makes more sense to have the status for scanlation!

is a Reindeer
VIP
We're not Bato.to and this is the general consensus among uploaders so far. Having ongoing/completion status be connected to scanlation status would be pointless because of all the different languages, every manga would basically be permanently ongoing and it wouldn't convey any useful information.

There are ideas about tracking scanlation progress for each language, though.

Fed-Kun's army
oh, I wasn't aware it was an organized thing. I thought it was random people changing the tag.
I'm glad you are thinking about making a dedicated status tag for scanlation.

is a Reindeer
VIP
No problem bud. If you're curious about any other things or decisions that were made, feel free to ask mods or some of the more active power uploaders.

Power Uploader
Also completed scanlation have to put [END] on the last chapter title so you can know either way.

Miku best girl
Admin
The manga page will be upgraded for support with all the languages in the near future. So you will see different language descriptions, scanlation status etc depending on your display language setting.

Contributor
As a note, you may want to set thae tag to be language specific, since a title may be scanlated in several different languages.

would also be nice if you could add the ammount of volumes/chapter its completed with to see how much is actually missing. If this is possible.

Contributor
My two cents:

- One of the primary uses of "complete" status on batoto was filtering for complete series when power-searching for interesting stuff. An "[End]" label doesn't help much with that. Additionally, what about cases where the final chapters are available (so an [End] tag would be present), but some middle chapters are missing (Taking into account for instance one shot collections where they may never have been scanlated)? [Of course, per-language completion status flags would address all of this]

- It would be helpful, if completion status means what is said here, to label that info "Completion status in country of origin" (al-la manga updates) to avoid inevitable confusion.

Power Uploader
Can I suggest then that we have two fields for 'status of completion'? SiCOO and SiTC/L (Status in Country Of Origin and Status in Target Language/Country)

This way it satisfies both sides...?
Btw, I've found it confusing myself.

Power Uploader
>Progress in Country of Origin (mark with volumes/chapters, noted if completed/ongoing/axed, just needs to be a text field)
>Scanlation Status (in selected language, this should just indicate if it's ongoing or if the group(s) have mentioned they dropped it/put it on hiatus or if it's complete or even currently unknown)
>License Status (in selected language, this should include if it's licensed and the license's progress or if it's complete or even if it's dropped and/or if the licensor went out of business)
This is a manga reading site, unlike something like MU, updating entries is something that can be done a lot more often, a lot more people have access and might be interested in editing and providing information, no reason to be shy about adding useful information to the manga page.
And at the end of the day, having all this information available makes MD seem a lot more appealing.

Contributor
Yeah we need this, We must separate "Status" of manga became Two "Status in Country of Origin(Raw)" and "Status of Translation"
Sometimes People are Confused with status of manga, For example current problem such as this case :
Ore ga Yuri!(comment)
When the current raws is ended and the scanslation still ongoing, Clearly we need to clear this matter

Group Leader
completion status by language - raw + user default/selected - would be a great benefit

Power Uploader
I would like to add that it's possible to have "Scanlation status" marked properly despite the multilanguage scans, just track user's preferred language setting and maybe add a flag mark on that (default to English). So it'll be something like this:

Pub. Status:
jp.png
Completed
Scan. Status:
gb.png
Ongoing

Hover/tap the flag will reveal its text: "Based on your preferred reading language" (for logged in user), and "Please login to set your preferred language outside of English".

If the series is officially licensed in other language, we could use a menu on the flag to toggle it

Users who are viewing this thread