Shen Yin Wang Zuo - Ch. 141 - The Hope for Rebirth

Dex-chan lover
This tower arc was very grueling in the novel, but I can already foresee it getting offhandedly bypassed with just a couple of manhua chapters. It's a great, neverending mystery for me why they even bother making this thing. Soon this will catch up with where the novel translation stalled, and I'll stop reading this as it would be madness to see the events in this before the novel. I only understand what's going on in the manhua due to having read the corresponding novel chapters before.

@Kaarme I don't have any question regarding the past couple of chapters. If there is any mystery (not the one you mentioned) then it is bound to be revealed later. So, unless you, who have read the ln and could possibly be able to see something that I'm not, mention that insight here, I don't think it would matter much. It would be great if you could bring "what you understood" here.

Dex-chan lover
@m4ng4 Perhaps I'm then giving this less credit than it deserves. If you think this is all clear, it means the manhua artist is able to take only 1/10 of what's going on in the novel and turn it into a working story. At least as long as you don't ask any questions but just read it as it is. It's hard for me to judge since I did read the novel. In my eyes this manhua is just a slide show of pretty pictures. Kind of like if you took an anime episode and saved a screenshot every 15 seconds, or something, and then allowed someone to browse through the screenshots. Perhaps they would rougly understand what was going on, depending on the show and episode.

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme this is not involving this chapter or something but I have realized something homie out of the last 10 or so manhua/manga I've read lately turns out you've read the novels, lloll so if I get confused on adaptation of stories could I just ask you what's up with it?

Dex-chan lover
@NoMemory I've only read a handful of xianxia novels. I'm always careful not to post any spoilers in the comments, but if I happen to remember and I can answer without spoiling, I can always try to answer. My memory isn't the best, though, as far as fiction goes. Like with Stellar Transformation, I can only remember the big things and only some of the details. Of course that makes the manhua a bit more interesting to read. Xianxia novels are often also very long, like 1000-2000 chapters, so there would be a lot to remember in general.

What I've read completely or partially are: Stellar Transformation, Coiling Dragon (Panlong), Renegade Immortal (Xian Ni), I Shall Seal the Heavens, Shen Yin Wang Zuo, and Tales of Demons and Gods. So, yeah, it's not much. I've read even less light novels from Japan, and they don't, for the most part, even have a running manga.

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme I think the only one of those I haven't read on there is the stellar transformation, is it good? Like the manhua/manga, I have some, less say issues with novels, I easily get lost after a few chapters, but yeah I noticed that with your comments for chapters I more so appreciate the stuff you mentioned they left out ( like for "coiling dragon" about the stuff on that earth mage chick the Mc meet up with for a bit/dated ), you seem very knowledgeable with the stuff lloll it helps fill in the gaps in the story's for me that I either didn't know or quite got

Dex-chan lover
@NoMemory Stellar Transformations is quite a nice novel. It was my favourite until I started reading the splendid Renegade Immortal. The manhua version of Stellar Transformations isn't certainly the worst xianxia manhua. It's quite superficial, like the adaptations always are, but it should be easy to follow even without knowing the novel. It doesn't feel like nothing but a slide show like this Shen Yin Wang Zuo.

Aggregator gang
@kaarme alright thanks I'll check it out then and renegade immortal is pretty good, i mostly read the manhua and bits of the novel now I'm just wait for more of it to come out, i really enjoy hate filled protagonists

Users who are viewing this thread