MPD Psycho

This will never be finished,last release was over 10 years ago by now dead scanlating group.

Aggregator gang
This manga isn't "complex". It's just needlessly convoluted and inconsistent. I honestly can't think of anything good about this manga.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeeVee Some-ES-canlations is about to finish it on spanish, they were done with vol 22 last week.

So here goes spoilers:

Lucy Monostone was a nobody musician being used by the devil herself.

The devil has the power to jump from body to body creating new personalities in the bodies she steals, and one of those stolen bodies was the daughter of Lucy Monostone who was the real mastermind behind everything, also she has been living stealing bodies since the beginning of time.

Tetora and Miwa Isono, were also the offspring of Lucy Monostone, but also of the devil, but also they are the experimental products of people trying to recreate the bodysnatching powers of the devil, so they are not really blood related, but more like siblings by mental test tube experiments.

So they are all have Monostone as their last name.

The devil wants to destroy the world and mind control everyone, because yes.

And right now Tetora Monostone and his sister/lover/childhood friend/something Miwa Isono Monostone are inside the mind of their own sister/mother/grandmother/ancestor/Lucy Monostone/The Devil Herself/Lucy's Daugther Machi Monostone having a mental battle in which everything they can imagine can become real.

In resume Tetora and Miwa are inside the head of Machi, who is being controlled by the devil herself, and the devil want's to destroy the world. Oh and Lucy Monostone has a son or a grandson, and he is supposed to do something, but he hasn't done shit, oh and since Lucy was controlled by the devil, that means that his father or grandfather was the devil herself, so his dad is his mom, but this time it is special because this time sex happened, that means he is the biological descendant of Lucy and not just a clone or mental clone like everyone else.

So in this mind battle in order to exorcise the devil out of Machi and save the world, Tetora and Miwa fused to create Mitora Monostone (who the devil thinks is the realest Lucy Monostone, despite she being behind everything Lucy ever did) and pilot him like a Jaeger from Pacific Rim in order to kill a horde of zombies, while a giant eye ball chases them, so that they can get into a cellphone tower and force out the devil herself out of Machi (to who knows where, since the devil doesn't has a body, she just goes from mind to mind).

Yeah it is a bunch of nonsense, but you don't have to believe me, you can go and read for yourself at the groups page, you don't even have to understand Spanish, just look at the pictures.

Aggregator gang
@Doomroar: thanks for the information, but wow that sounds unbelievably stupid. It's really hard to believe that the same author wrote Kurosagi Corpse Delivery, which is so much better than this.

Dex-chan lover
@ZeeVee I told you, you don't have to believe me, you can go and see for yourself.

Ah forgot something on the spoilers:

The reason why the son of Lucy Monostone is special, is because the daughter of Lucy Monostone was adopted, she was some baby that the devil bodyswapped and controlled, then used to get closer to Lucy Monostone and use him as the perfect cult serial killer.

So even if Monostone has a bunch of descendants and clones, he only has one biological son, or he and the devil herself, is a mess, and that part has yet to pay out, I don't even know how that plot line will resolves with the mecha zombie eyeball mental fight that is happening.

Aggregator gang
@Doomroar: Oh, I believe you. This series has been getting more and more ridiculous all along, so it’s entirely believable that it gets that stupid. I had been hoping that Otsuka Eiji could step back and put together an ending using only the stuff already introduced, but from what you’re saying instead he just doubled down and said “well, adding in extra, even weirder, dumber stuff that doesn’t really mesh with what I already did in previous episodes has always worked before, so why not keep doing it?” Mail and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery are so much better than this, and in part it’s because he didn’t pull that kind of thing.

Fed-Kun's army
Guess I need to reread it from the beginning huh. This is quite the ride

Fed-Kun's army
@ZeeVee Isn't Mail both drawn and written by Housui Yamazaki though?, the artist for Kurosagi Corpse Delivery.
It is also pretty hard to tell how much story input the artist have in a writer/artist collaboration, in some cases the artist can be be just as involved in that as the writer so the story quality for a writer could vary widely depending on what artist they are paired with.

Aggregator gang
@Nimroth: it’s the same author, and even apparently the same universe — go reread Kurosagi Corpse Delivery and pay attention to the name of the shady detective the company keeps getting jobs from, and then reread ~volume 14 of this.

Fed-Kun's army
@ZeeVee I know that this and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery is by the same author, I'm just saying that Mail isn't.

Aggregator gang
@Nimroth: well, if Mail isn’t by the same guy:

1. Dark Horse credited the wrong author in all three volumes they published

2. The appearance of the PI from Mail in Kurosagi Corpse Delivery must have been done without permission

Fed-Kun's army
@ZeeVee It is the artist that is the same for both Mail and Kurosagi Corpse Delivery , not the writer.
My point is just that Mail had nothing to do with Otsuka Eiji other than the later collaboration between him and Housui Yamazaki with Kurosagi Corpse Delivery.

Did anyone ever translate chapters 69 and 70 into English?

The Dead Mans Galaxy Days arc is labeled 69-70 here, but they actually weren't given chapter numbers.
The real 69-70 are on this site, but Chinese, only.
The English chapter 71 here has the cover and first couple of pages of the volume, but then onto the real chapter 71, which is the third of the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread