Dex-chan lover
Funny. Since Lymus started to upload the chapters with a 24h delay, viewer numbers per chapter on Meraki Scans's online reader page skyrocketed from around 10.000-30.000-ish to over 110.000. On the other side the same numbers dropped on mangadex from around 65.000 to 25.000.

I do believe, that most readers take the link through mangadex, though. So does mangadex still have the user traffic, while not having a big load on their on image servers? That would be a good thing, right? And it is clear, that Meraki Scans also profits from this. Linking to content seems to work out for everyone. Now, if mangadex only would also link directly to the chapters, that would be nifty. ?

EDIT: Also that "walking mage" and running "running knight" analogy sucks, because he made them do wizardy stuff. That mage used flying magic, didn't he. If the knight also would have done that, his feet and therefore his running speed wouldn't matter. And if both of them would have used some sort of physical-boosting-magic, how would it have turned out? Would the buff be added(Phy.SPD + SPDBns) or would the bonus be a factor (PhySPD x SPDBns)? As a mage is a person who specializes in the use of magic, I'd say he is capable of casting stronger spells (SPDBns is higher). Depending on the difference between the magic capabilities, in case of "Phy.SPD + SPDBns" the mage would likely win out. In case of "Phy.SPD x SPDBns" it's not clear who wins. (The only case, in which that pig-profs. example might work, yet he didn't made that clear.)
Now, would he told the example that way:
Imagine two persons, one has to run all the time and one has to walk. Both are armed with crossbows and in battle with a foe. The running person can evade attacks better, but the walking person has a steady aim. Now imagine a person who is capable to run and walk and switching between those options.

Yeah, yeah, it's great that they make everyone on mangadex go to their main site every time we're reminded they're withholding their chapters as if they own the manga itself and that they use it to drag in a few retards without adblockers. I mean I sure wouldn't go there if I had to periodically visit their website to know when a chapter drops just for this.

@gaylord
I do agree on that point that you won't go there if you didn't have to read the withheld chapter and all. Since this website helps us readers know what Manga was being translated and what's not.
Also I really do wonder if there 's anyone this days not using adblockers. I mean I could go to Meraki's website just fine with them on.

So.. Did he want to win or lose.. His goals are in direct conflict and he prioritized poorly.

Dex-chan lover
If the author cannot really explain why something is "better", I think it's a good idea to just not bring up the question anyway. Why was it even important to question the importance of "magic swordsmen"? That entire lecture pretty much said nothing but: "Magical Fighters are stronk because you fight, but you also enhance fight with magic". GL multi-classing and not losing a fight against those who specialize in that particular subject.
Also, the importance of the "magic sword" wasn't apparent at all. Enhancing your blade seems to have nothing to do with approaching your enemy before he can react to your movements.

And last of all...That "frozen throne" thing...I find it funny to say it first, but, Unlimited Blade Works much?

@Solipsist I agree, the guy who asked if its really that incredible is really the smart one here..

a mage just has to counter the knight by training his body and learn sword skills as well(since the only advantage so far is a higher phsyical ability ) but in the end all she did was switching from being a mage to being a knight and back .. just at the end she figured out she could actually combine magic with her sword... the first skill that would actually count as being a "sword mage" lmao this girl is totally mediocre who didnt specialize in anything and just became an allrounder she isnt even worth to be called a hybrid sword mage since she totally has no skills befitting this class

desir specialize in analyzing magic and his root in magic lies much deeper than her, his physical abilitys are still a little bit weak but he is training his body back into shape as well

Dex-chan lover
And she was so dumb not to use both sword and Magic at the same time..... still... she'll easily get defeated

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that analogy was really stupid since it assumed a guy who focused on physical and magical training would be as good as someone who specialized in one of them. If it was that easy then anyone in the setting who isn't a magic swordman is a lazy idiot.

The actual answer is that magic swordmen are incredible because it takes someone with massive talent like Adjest to be as good at magic and swordmanship as someone who only focused on mastering one of those. Anyone else would just turn into a mediocre swordman with mediocre magic skills.

Not like I expected much from the designated asshole racist teacher who underestimates the clearly talented "commoners".

Yeah the analogy is kinda cringy. If a swordsman trains to the point they can run... say 20mph an a mage studies and applies magic to accelerate to 20mph. The analogy then infers magic swordsmen can go 40mph because they can do both, ignoring any specialization or levels of effort. Maybe it is a deliberate analogy since there is a running theme about characters overcoming limits and the common sense is that magic swordsmen are top tier?

Double-page supporter
The mage just has to start running .... what a bullshit analogy.

Dex-chan lover
All that fighting, all that cornering to force Adjest to get stronger.
And oh boy, it worked. In the worst possible way.
Now she doesn't desire just strength. She DESIRes Desirs D!

And that runner analogy was bullshit. Holy shit, how can author not know how his own in-universe powers work?

Double-page supporter
@gaigous maybe thats the point. this is a school that focuses on pedicure and rank so they'll try anything to make them seem better than what they truly are. i think the older adjest was forced to adapt due to the war so she overcame the inherant weaknesses of dual classes but the past is still too arragant so desir is trying to force her to adapt.

Double-page supporter
@silverden Consistency is the one thing those idiots have going for them. Yeah, I understand why Adjest is the way she is. Duel classes can overcome their weaknesses, but their output and mastery will never reach the level of someone equally talented who chose one path.

Users who are viewing this thread