Okusan - Vol. 13 Ch. 88 - Okusan and 158 Degrees Fahrenheit

hyb

That feel when you start reading a manga and your hometown and usual means of transportation is on the cover. Even the building placements are correct. 70c is just way too cold for a sauna though, there's no way anyone would sweat that much with only that kind of heat, 80c would be barely warm. Also I dunno why they use swimsuits elsewhere, because our swimming pools have warnings not to enter a sauna with a swimsuit because they might release toxins or some shit in the heat. One of these torilla tavataan moments I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
@hyb
70 degrees is more than enough to sweat provided that you stay long enough. The swimsuit thing is because it's Japan, they have a different idea of decency than some other countries. Note also that the sauna is directly in front of the pool. What bothered me more was them not taking a shower before jumping in the pool.

hyb

@criver The characters are literally sweating buckets though, you just won't get that kind of effect in a 70c sauna no matter how long you sit in there, you'd probably give up before this amount of sweat was produced. You get some sweating yes, but these characters sweating look closer to a sauna that's around 90-100c. Also I know it's a decency thing to wear the swimsuits, I would just think that the toxin/chemical thing would also be a thing in other countries, and finland is literally the only place I see the warning signs in. I've been wondering for years if the whole thing is bullshit. Agreed about the showering thing though, in a public place especially you should have a shower before and after going to the sauna.

Dex-chan lover
@hyb
I've been to a 60c sauna, you can sweat quite a lot provided you stay long enough (also the moisture in the air plays a role too). You have to factor in that they stayed in super long due to the bet. Never heard of the toxin thing, there's probably something true depending on the swimsuit. It's a decency thing in Japan, in the EU countries I've been you can usually just take a towel (even if most people seem to prefer wearing a swimsuit). The shower thing struck me since they are very careful about that in Japan. I guess it was just to emphasize how long they stayed in.

Dex-chan lover
I am starting to believe that the author has access to a real big breasted woman that poses for him to use as reference because some boob scenes just look too accurate, the folds, the gravity, the sag, it is all there.

Power Uploader
@hyb , @criver Usually, you'd bring only a towel with you to the sauna. The author probably drew swimsuit here just for the sake of decency and cuteness ? ( with the pool just beside them ) xD That's my thoughts

@GerryCerryBery I agree xD It made me laugh when I saw that lol

@Fuko Time to melt~ xD

@Doomroar possible xD you could pay someone for their services! like how artists get their models?

I love how Nonomia san is so weak to any ero activity or talk. Makes me wonder if some embarrassing thing happened in her past.

Regarding the size of the women in this mangakas universe: big breasts are the norm (check out how many bg characters are well endowed). Clearly the mangaka likes generally plumper women. Seems to like highlighting the posture problems a woman of Okusans proportions would suffer (Okusan is often stooping badly) which is a strange thing to accentuate. I suppose it means he can draw hanging titties & bulging booty in one go. To extrapolate the thought, he's making it look like a 'weakness' to be enjoyed. Bad Mangaka!

Still, it's a nice place to visit once a month or so.?

Dex-chan lover
Barely 70 C is nowhere near proper sauna temperature, 90 - 100 C is more like it (and I'm only half finnish). Pouring sweat on the hot rocks seems like a bad idea, I suspect it would not smell particularly nice... clean water or beer is much better. And of course you go nude in a sauna, anything else is unhygienic! Spread a towel to sit on, though, and shower before dipping in the pool.

Users who are viewing this thread