UQ HOLDER!

Not only Crunchyroll, this manga is published in English by Kodansha Comics. You can order Volume 13 from your favorite bookstore (Amazon is selling it for $10.54, or get it for a Kindle for $5.99). Support the authors, people!

Dex-chan lover
@Fadamor no Amazon in indonesia. best i got is the occasional hardcopies in Kinokuniya. expensive though if you convert it to Rupiah: i could find imported english novels cheaper than an imported manga. to compare, i bought a Rick Riordan novel paperback (the large one, not the small one) and it's about the same if not cheaper than an imported manga

The guys from mangadex go to other sites, keep nagging at how they "steal" their work and shit, then you come here and half the shit you read is not avaiable because "muh morals!".
Fuck this site and the people that made it with red hot steel rod, god fucking dammit, i hate people like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Kesvalk

Instead of doing dumb complains learn how scanlation works and how sites like mangadex or the old batoto work. Mangadex is a aggregator site, they put a platform for scanlators to post their work, the staff here doesn't post anything nor they go complaining to other sites.

They comply with scanlator and publishers wishes, meaning they won't allow content these don't approve unlike other aggregator sites like mangafox. If you can find this manga on other sites just know that's stolen content, Crunchyroll and Kodansha have the rights of publishing IQ Holder in english, they payed for the right of publishing it legally. There are also scanlator groups that don't like posting their work on aggregator sites so if a group like that tells mangadex to not to upload their content on this site the staff will comply. That's why sites like this are important, they respect others' work.

Do whatever you want, but don't go preaching nonsenses you don't understand.

Kodansha USA didn't have to pay for the rights to publish in English because their parent company is the original publishers in Japan. They also did the last third of the "Negima!" series when Kodansha USA took over all titles from Del Rey Manga in 2010.

@Kesvalk, we really don't care what you love, like, dislike, or hate. You're just one person on a planet containing billions. It's "I'm entitled" fools like you that cause scanlation groups to become discouraged and fall apart. Scanlators and aggregators don't owe you a thing - never have and never will - and no amount of temper tantrums is going to change that.

P.S. You need to seek some professional help because of your apparent violent sexual preferences.

Double-page supporter
Who cares? We're all reading free manga, so why would we give a crap about the morality of the issue? I for one don't have nearly the money it'd take to read what I do. I have to eat. I have to keep the lights on. I can't just work and sleep, that's mentally unhealthy. If I don't have the money to solve the problem, I'll turn to manga sites for my entertainment who will bring me what I want without having to give up what miniscule amount of funds I have, so I can buy necessities and pay bills.

You people trying to financially shame others are assholes. People like Fadamor are the entitled ones, look at this fool looking down on other people and acting smugly high-and-mighty. Yet you're still here on this site reading free manga just like the rest of us pirates. Such a hypocrite.

I forgot this was still even going. I read up to chapter 130 apparently. I guess I haven’t read it in a couple years since the anime aired.

This is tagged as gore ... hahahaha, while it is so far removed from it.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo I'm with you, it's handled way cleanrr than other gore. But on the other hand, there aren't too many manga where a character loses their head this often without gore being tagged. So all's fair i suppose.

lmao @Kayriel Yet here I am with purchased copies of MSN, UQH (all volumes available thus far for both) and still reserving my right to encourage others to support the author while reading whatever is currently scanlated.

There are several digital platforms to buy from. Even internationally, buying manga isn't hard.

Choosing which one to support is hard. Refrain from buying a pizza twice a month and you'll have every UQ volume in a year. But you have to like UQ enough to disregard pizza. Enough to choose it over another manga too.

Double-page supporter
@knight_evangel

Gettin' real sick of folks who keep going "oh just don't buy that expensive luxury as often as you do and you can afford things nub". As if we could afford said luxuries in the first place! You started this post off with laughter and then talking about what you've bought for yourself. Good job! Happy for you, really - right up until you start trying to use it to look down on others' situations.

I don't have a problem with someone wanting to support the authors. I have a problem with people trying to financially shame others into doing it. I have a problem with people who have plenty of cash acting as if they're in the same boat as those of us who have no choice but to pirate, or those who had lucky windfalls in life acting as if the rest of us are doing something wrong when everything was so much easier for them (especially when they attribute it to something they did and act like geniuses) or sound patronizing as all hell and not realizing their holier-than-thou 'advice' isn't advice, since it can't be copied for the same results.

Also, that post was six months ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel Incorrect. Piratiing is ALWAYS a choice. Its the digital age pal. Unless you're a little kkd(90% of ppl who make posts defending pirating) its literally a 5 minute process. If you can work, you can pay for a volume or two.

Financial shame thing is just you projecting. I'm laughing cause you think you know everyone's situation(reading for free) and you are incorrect.

You replied didn't you? :) Nothing else to say here.

@knight_evangel I do not think you are with me like you say :) based on what you write about it. You should read a gore comic and we will see if you want to again. From my side, never again.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo sorry, the world isn't that black and white mate. xD I've read Tokyo Red Hood, Berserk, Mahou Shoujo of The End, Ubell Blatt and a few other gore manga. I've seen the intestines come out and all that jazz. Real messy stuff....like I said, Akamatsu's is a lot "cleaner"(no organ, less blood, mutilation is generally less savage), so the tag doesn't suit him, but tags are for peeps who want to avoid that entirely, no matter how cleanly it is done. So unfortunately I think the head loss and the regeneration practice is the root cause. lol

@knight_evangel Ok, but neither of those series you mention are gore, while some are bit close to it. My point was that as Berserk is not gore how can this one be as such. There must be a big missunderstanding on what gore is.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo I hate to be the bad guy but...it seems that either you are the one who doesn't know definition, or you took half a glimpse at the manga I mentioned to try and save face yet didn't look at the tags(three of them are tagged Gore bruh. Duh?) It's unfortunate that our convo led to this since my post was more about agreeing with you than defining stuff...

...but you saying that Tokyo Red Hood of all things isn't gore is a humungous red flag that you don't know what you're talking about, even if you just have different standards of gore from me. Hell, MSOTE is literally Gore, The Manga until the plot finally unravels. So that's two strikes. Berserk having gore is just common knowledge(that manga is 30+ years old lol who doesn't know this by now unless they are a kid) so that's three strikes.

Ubel Blatt is basically a genocide split into chapters (that's not an exaggeration, Koinzell probably has the highest on-screen kill count with hand-to-hand combat as a manga character and the damage he does to a human body is illustrated in over-the-top graphic fashion at all times). But people argued a lot that it was mostly blood and only a little gore at the start. Okay, I MIGHT give you that one.

But Tokyo Red Hood? The manga where the main character literally keeps her organs from spilling out(failing for a while) with one hand while she put her bottom half back together during a fight, and proceeded to kick her enemy out of his skin who flailed into five pieces off like a ragdoll in retaliation? Sure lol not gore. Okay.

P.S.

In any case, once again I agree this is "far removed" (in your exact words, I took this as a turn of phrase that meant "Definitely not what you'd expect when labeled as such, and only technically correct due to semantics.") from the definition of 'gore', but unfortunately it's the closest thing to a proper tag. IMO we should just put a warning in the synopsis that some people get blown up here and there. But it's not enough for me to petition about it either.

@knight_evangel Honestly , of the list you gave i only did not read before Tokyo Red Hood. Checked the scene you are talking about, in chapter 4, and i cannot see it much in terms of gore, even Berserk has cruder scenes. I could compare that to a zombie or a infected comic.

Gore comics are highly disturbing. If you want an example from my part, i only read a single gore comic (and an small part of another) and almost made me puke my meal and i could hardly finish reading it, even though from what i have read around they are only mild in terms of gore. I do not want to know what is medium in terms of gore if mild gives that reaction. Cutting people around and showing lots of blood and guts barely classifies as gore.

For good or for bad almost no one has read a gore comic and i doubt any are here on Mangadex or we would get into trouble, that's why those you mention are considered as gore, as they are the closer things we know to that, even if afar from it.

Users who are viewing this thread