Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Consort Aaduo

Double-page supporter
@Lux
He's publicly an eunuch ? while "emperor's brother" is sick and rarely comes out of inner palace. I wonder what was emperor's intention letting him wandered around a bunch of thirsty women like that. Want a grandchild so soon?

Double-page supporter
@Kathartes He is treated as an eunuch so nothing like that will happen. He can't touch the women either since all of them belong to the emperor. If a maid or consort was found out involved with another man, they may be executed by drinking poison. The man himself depend on their position can be executed too.
Maybe the Emperor wanted Jinshi to have a chance to be near his birth mother.

The most unusual relationships are with jinshi and the consorts, assuming he is Aaduo's son. It means that all of the consorts are the equivalent of stepmothers and the babies who died in the 1st chapter were his half-brothers and half-sisters. This also means that Rishuu would have had the possibility of being his grand-stepmother because of the freaking previous emperor tastes.

Dex-chan lover
Page 8 : the consort is pouring the wine into the moat , as an offering to her drowned servant . "The water must have been cold for you , my servant . Foolish ."

This chapter hints that the oldest consort , Aaduo , is Jinshi 's mother , so I guess it was her who secretly gave her hairpin to her son , back in chapter 9 .

x42.png

Hairpin with certain animals on it is the proof of royal family, which is why as an undercover royalty, he shouldn't use it and shouldn't discard it like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Mingxingxing If it was only that Gaoshun wouldn't treat it so respectfully, there must be something else besides that and I like @daywithoutgames intepretation, especially since we also know that he met someone secretely during the banquet. I think that is when she told him that she was leaving the palace, hence his foul mood thereafter.

@carmichael
It is more clear in the novel regarding the pin.

The manga is clear about something but murky about other, if compared to the novel.

If someone you knows since you were kid left you and you have to take of the newcomer... It will make anyone in a bad mood. Add a poison attempt on the top of that. Can't blame Jinshi for it.

Aggregator gang
The colored tears is what got me. It's a nice touch and something that we need more in manga.

Users who are viewing this thread