Mofumofu no Kamisama Sagashi

Dex-chan lover
The author seems old and out of touch. It really took me out of the story to see a middle-aged man surprised children are using handheld consoles when this was first published in 2016. Anyone under 50 buying a physical magazine is also strange.

This is really cute. Hope you'll keep working on it, Kougeki Scans & Zenryoku-Dan!

Contributor
It's managed to get through several things that should in theory be lighting up my questionable-taste shouta warning sirens (randomly discarding pants, bath scenes) yet still is somehow coming off just as radiating wholesomeness, I... I think this is 100% wholesome fluffy goodness...?

My heart thinks it is.

@Ironclad:

I understand that some of us are more bothered by anachronisms than others, but I reread the chapters carefully out of curiosity and I still think you're being unfair here:

A) Firstly, regardless of when it was published, there's nothing yet to indicate that this isn't set in the early 2000's—I haven't seen a single smartphone yet, though we've seen no one's phone really—when all of the things that you're complaining about, would be pretty much what's expected (not all kids had handheld consoles, order-online was a new thing)

B) People do not necessarily have to have latched on to the most recent technology (especially because they're by all appearances not in a big city, but even without that), not if they're set in their habits. The person using magazines is inheriting the family shop and his best friend works at a bookstore, there's plenty of reason to think he might be used to working with trade magazines and/or have a preference for paper material. The kids that visit the bookstore might not have smartphones or have brought over those DS-es previously, depending on their parents' child-rearing preferences. We're really not talking about stuff that's outside the realm of common human experience here.

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari I'm just a curmudgeonly old man and a 20 something shocked by a DS stood out to me even more than naked little children. Now who's got weird priorities?
qjtAzk6l.jpg

Contributor
@Ironclad:

My fear of naked children in manga is a well-nurtured trauma from being betrayed over and over and over again by series that I mistakenly had thought were in good taste at the outset.

Usagi Drop is probably the betrayal that pushed me over the brink into a gibbering mess, but if so, it was only the final straw.

So quit your leering, Old Man. (...I say as if I am not a curmudgeonly 20-something myself).

Users who are viewing this thread