Gokusen

Dex-chan lover
This is a glorious manga, a hidden gem. Looking at the description or a random example of the art you might not think it's anything much. But this thing is hilarious, and the art actually fits the story beautifully and is full of energy. The characters aren't deep but they're well done--they stand out and drive the comedy. This manga really pops; start reading it and you get drawn in and next thing you know a bunch of chapters have gone by.

Few manga bring me back, to reread over 5 times. This is one of the few. While the art is rough (especially in the beginning) the situational drama and comedy are first class. The characters are over the top, but have heart. It's a strangely touching story in between the martial arts, yakuza, a hijinks.

I marathoned this in two days. Worth a read. Worth a re-read. One of the best slice of life type stories I've read. Also, one of the most enjoyable yakuza stories I've read. :) Very funny, very enjoyable.

???????This is my absolute favorite manga series. It is unique and hilarious. The art is a breath of fresh air compared to what has become so common. I've re-read this several times and it never gets old. The romance is natural and pure. The heroine is unlike any other female character portrayed in manga. Yankumi is such an icon. ?

I only meant to read a few chapters, but I ended up finishing the whole thing in 6? Hours. This series was incredibly entertaining, with a super slow burn. Like. Ridiciously slow to the point I forgot this manga had a romance tag LOL
idk of this counts as spoilers but just in case lol The romance part did end up being satisfying, although they could’ve wrapped the romance part better, as in wtf more of mc reacting to shin like ushskd wtf I wished there was more but whatever , the actual story was done well

Double-page supporter
Glad to see so many people here rereading this. I remember finding out about the anime on Starz over a decade ago now. Since then I've reread this at least 4 times, it's a classic.

Limited art and the age might slow you down, but don't mind it and you'll be on a great, fun ride.

And if you do enjoy it and are looking for more, somewhat in the same slice-of-life/comedy/martial arts, perhaps try Angel Densetsu.

I finished reading this few years ago still, it's not too late to praise this masterpiece! One of the best josei manga I've read. 🤗 Entertaining all the way. I remember suppressing my laughter during a late night read so as not to wake up everybody.

For those who still considering reading this, try it and you'll get yourself hooked. 😉

I still binge read this comic every year. It's great. It gave me a real good laugh during a rough time. I'm still heartbroken that I can't find the anime anymore.

Dex-chan lover
this was decent, but I only wish we could have a slow romance tag. because this romance was SUPER slow.

Aggregator gang
Nobody notices comments from completed manga anyway, so let me say this:

Shin is soooo hot.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiraidesu

KBAA7zC.png

Users who are viewing this thread