Splitting the rating system

With the current rating system, it only has a single metric to base it off of. Why not 2? If you split between "Manga rating" and "TL rating", it might do well to prevent a lot of review bombs of otherwise ok series, or curtail TL having low-rated series due to it being a single score. I've seen a lot of really REALLY awful manga translated very well, and vise versa.

@VonCesaw
TL rating? It's not like only one group doing each series, in all languages. And iirc, this particular TL rating has been rejected.

Double-page supporter
While we are here let's add TS rating and Clean rating and credit page rating and... and... because why not?

Edit: and of course we have to split manga rating to art rating and story rating and MC rating and character of second plan rating and others :/

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Idk man, this would discourage new TLs from trying series because if they fuck up and get bad rep, they won't come back and nobody would try to read their TLs because they are "Bad".

People can choose what they read and who they read from, and if they don't like it, they can complain in the comments or suggest improving.

Dex-chan lover
Bold of you to assume that big group's fanatics won't review bomb new/small groups who "dare to translate/snipe the same series" that sometimes have been abandoned by the big guys for half a year :v

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Wouldn't it actually shoot down the new and still rising scanlators? I mean not everyone starts out as a good translator/editor/proofreader/....
I mean this system might discourage newbies more than the comments
Sounds like what I said.

Contributor
Not a great idea. Like current system, has too much potential for abuse by people who are trolling, or bored.

Users who are viewing this thread