PSA: We're still under a sustained DDOS attack. :not a bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Devs are working on mitigating it, service will be intermittent until then.

VNR

Bro, the images in the manga are not loading even though I have a good internet connection. Is this because of a bug at server????

@VNR did you even read the post? literally says why right there

edit: okay realised that was definitely satire, i am an idiot

Double-page supporter
@BroederTrapist
Makes one wonder why anyone would DDOS attack a site like mangadex.
It could be right holders (especially these that deal with webtoons), competing online readers or even just for-profit scanlate groups.

it's just weird that the "normal website" (all that isn't the manga pictures) seem to work without an issue. are those things splitted up into different servers? like the main site (forum, main site etc.) on one server and the manga pictures on another so they just attack one server? it's also weird that the images seem to load sometimes on the browser, but on apps like Tachiyomi it isn't working at all what ever you try.

@Skygerby Nah, bro. Autism is more about just reading about their obsessions.

DDoS:ing is just douchebaggery out of jealousy because they don't have something better to do or enjoy.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Greenfrost
Oh, there's some people a few states from here that are experts in that type of "confession extraction methods" :)

Contributor
Why on earth would someone attack a manga site...

ed: Wait, I KNOW! Putin found out about the Ride King manga, it's the only thing that makes sense lol.

who knows the exact reason for DDOS attacks, except increasing traffic and compromising the service of the target;

There are several reasons to why they would be interested in doing so, even though non of them respectable.
We can assume to be competitor aggregator sites that actually paywall a service that they in the first place aren't legally allowed to monetize be it advertisement to an actual pay to access format. (pretty sure this would be up to 90% of the content if we take into consideration majority is Fan Scanlated so non of these are legal Scanlations)
Or Editors actually paying someone stop the Scanlating efforts.
Or maybe someone that wants access to the server.
The list could go on, i'm no expert someone else may be able to explain it better and in a more detailed fashion.
It's a pain and one of the many reasons that lead to the end of Old Batoto.

The usual case is because they simply can... people don't need a reason to act like asses.

not sure if its because of the DDOS or something but my follows are now cleared of everything....

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
So, how are we doing?

Contributor
@yukiwa Doubt that. His clone in that manga is a badass, so I am pretty sure he would love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread