Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door

Kam

>5th-dan enters the fray

Will you be filling the 42-46 gap?
MACVazquez no Fansub hasn't released anything since January according to FB.

Group Leader
@Kam

I am working with someone on chapter 42-47. He would work on the said chapters, while I would do the rest. Those chapters were 100% cleaned, but (hopefully) would be released soon.

MACVazquez no Fansub has been inactive for quite some time... I hope I can finish oof this series once and for all.

Kam

Really appreciate the work you're doing, especially since Seven Seas seems to have forgotten they even licensed this.

Ho8

That cliffhanger, will Iwasawa confess to Hisako? I thought they were already together until Hisako started to question herself.

This prequel manga is bringing back the feels. Might be time to rewatch the anime for nostalgia's sake.

Kam

>End

G-Geez, I'm still waiting for 63 before continuing!

> Missing chapters: 63 64 73 74 75

And some others apparently.

Group Leader
@Kam

Supposedly, MACVazquez no Fansub told me to stay out of 63,64 since they will be scanlating it three months ago... but I haven’t heard from them since. I’m not sure what their progress is.

Fed-Kun's army
I just finished marathoning the series an I gotta say I really enjoyed the first half of this series especially with Sheena. The second half was okay but no where near as interesting as before and felt very mundane and irrelevant like they were just trying to find a way to reach the beginning of Angel Beats

Seeing how Yuri built the SSS was very interesting.
I do find it weird how attached Hinata was to Yuri as that was nowhere to be seen in the anime and heck in the second half of this series it stopped happening.
I do like that the series shows that NPC are actually quite different and do have a personality of sorts.

I am disappointed however with this series not explaining peoples backstories and instead just hinting at it. A prequel felt like a great way to give all the characters backstories.

Still, I really enjoyed the series but I am still waiting for that Angel Beat series which explains peoples backstories (though the Angel Beat visual novel does that but there has only been one so far)

Still waiting chapters 63 and 64. Hatiko mode on.
upd: Yeah! Finally there are all chapters. That was awesome manga. Thanks to SoaringPegasus for translating it.

Group Leader
From @SoaringPegasus' website:

"To the readers of Heaven’s Door-

Angel Beats! Heaven’s Door has been scanlated by several groups for 8 whole years.
We (Faulheit, viendan279, others) will finish the scanlation by Christmas this year.
All the remaining chapters (63,64,72-75) will be released before boxing day.

Thanks."

I agree with @Soulwarfare, when I finished the manga my first thought was "Well that was pretty good" but the first part was indeed better and it's weird how some backstories are skipped (I've heard somewhere that TK's backstory was the saddest and I thought I would learn about it here but then it didn't happen). I guess it will be explained in the next manga or in the drama CDs.

Fed-Kun's army
It's good if you want more of Angel. It's cool seeing her work behind the scenes and she's alone as a individual and not joined to SSS.

The thing that is weird though that the "Teases" between Hideki Hinata & Yuri when it's clearly Yui who he loves!

Clearly in love with Yui? I beg to differ @UnknownSaint111. If we're feeling bold as to affirm Hinata loves Yui, then we could say he loves Yuri or Otonashi just as much (if not more if you ask me; plus he already confessed to Otonashi in the Drama CD). The HinaYuri hints are just as acceptable as HinaYui or, yes, HinaOto.

Users who are viewing this thread