Hiru to Yoru no Oishii Jikan - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Man...his father doesnt even know he can cook for himself. Doesnt even know anything really.

So the father only keeps his son around because he reminds him of his dead wife but doesnt give a shit about him.
what an asshole

This "misunderstanding" and "miscommunication" are way over the top. The dude never even looked at his kid.

Aggregator gang
I don't see why everyone hates the dad.
1. Leaves kid with issues that the cake can help fix
2. Unknowingly makes his son learn a skill that draws in the bitches
3. Son has all the time alone with the cake now
4. Passed on his good looks
5. Will serve as a convenient plot device for a future forgiveness/redemption arc

In terms of a romance manga, he's the perfect father

jesus, I commented this last time but this father sounds more and more like my own. For anyone who thinks the father is unrealistic think again, this is what a narcissist is like to the people inside their family and this story hits the nail on the head in that aspect.

Contributor
His father has the khutspa to think that he's "overprotective?!" When was the last time he spoke to Miharu and actually listened? For anyone who thinks that this is unrealistic, think again. While degrees vary, everything I know about emotionally abusive parents matches up with this. In this case, narcissism is definitely part of the problem, mmerijn is right about that.

Dex-chan lover
@Bobbleknob so your saying this is the dude version of that "the worse the daddy issues, the better the blow job" line I see from time to time.

Kid's in good company though. Some of the most "successful" young men in anime have terrible fathers. Shinji of evangelion, Edward Elric, Dio Brando.

Dex-chan lover
One day I just want our sweet boy yell at him for everything he never did for him while claiming he's overprotective.

His dad needs to be dropped in lava.

Dex-chan lover
"Can you leave him with relatives?"
So-Called-Father: "We don't really get along..."

YA DON'T FUCKING SAY? Does anyone even like you, you gigantic pile of shit? I'm willing to bet that his new wife is only willing to play the role of arm candy and live-in-whore so long as he's pulling in all that money, too.

Users who are viewing this thread