A way to tell whether a Manga is weekly or monthly.

Pretty much what the title said. It will be much appreciated.
Maybe something like; Pub. status: Ongoing/Completed (Weekly/Monthly)
Up to you guys, maybe add it in the Description.

TL;DR the thread: Basically, add a drop-down list of the various serialization in the description, and allow only the TL Group to change it however they like. If it's blank, then it probably means that the TL Group doesn't know the update frequency, and that's that. However, at least they should be made aware of the option of detailing what the serialization is (instead of others pestering them with questions).

One complicated way is to click on the link to the page on MangaUpdates for that manga.
F.e. this classic

MangaUpdates shows the recent updates, which gives an idea.
But it shows the magazine :
Serialized In (magazine)
Then google the specifics of that magazine.

Double-page supporter
> A way to tell whether a Manga is weekly or monthly

Why does it matter? It's not related to speed/pace of translation in any way :) There's a lot of weekly manga translated monthly or even slower :D

@BzzBzz Hasty generalization. If you know if it's Weekly or Monthly, you could at least get an idea when to expect the next chapter, or if you want to pick up a new Manga but are unsure if it updates frequently or not.

@BroederTrapist To be honest, it's too much work just to find the status of updates. Perhaps they could make a drop-down list that contains the "Update frequency," and can be edited by anyone. A drop-down list so that there's less chance of trolls messing with it. Or maybe just give mods the right.
Something like: Update freq.: Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Weekly etc.

Contributor
@Intruvious
If you know if it's Weekly or Monthly, you could at least get an idea when to expect the next chapter, or if you want to pick up a new Manga but are unsure if it updates frequently or not.
I'm not sure how it helps if release rate is unstable, it will bring only discontent towards the TL team.
To be honest, it's too much work just to find the status of updates.
max 1 min...
To be honest, it's too much work just to add that info.
Perhaps they could make a drop-down list that contains the "Update frequency"
Raw or TL ?
and can be edited by anyone
... no
A drop-down list so that there's less chance of trolls messing with it. Or maybe just give mods the right.
then what's the point of it ? Mods mostly do edits if someone reported...
>>> more reports for mods
Something like: Update freq.: Weekly/Monthly/Bi-Weekly etc.
You can ask TL team ( Group Leaders can edit titles) to add a note into description.

Dex-chan lover
You can't go around classifying that IMO, sometimes Author/Artist just don't update on a regular scheduled.
This is a pretty weak pick but.. take a look at HunterXHunter.. one day you read it weekly, and next you went read it annually...

@YumGumYum
I'm not sure how it helps if release rate is unstable, it will bring only discontent towards the TL team.
I don't care if the release rate is unstable or not, just to have knowledge of it would be helpful.
To be honest, it's too much work just to add that info.
I doubt that's the case.
Raw or TL ?
Raw, obviously.
k
You can ask TL team ( Group Leaders can edit titles) to add a note into description.
Sure. You could've said this from the beginning. Then just add something like what I said in the description, and only allow the TL group to set it however they see fit. If it's blank, then it means the TL group is uncertain and we can leave it at that.

You can't go around classifying that IMO, sometimes Author/Artist just don't update on a regular scheduled.
That's completely irrelevant. Take, for example, One Piece. If it doesn't update Weekly, it doesn't now change the fact that it's supposed to update Weekly. Most Mangas have a set serialization, and they update accordingly. That information would be nice to have.

Fed-Kun's army
@Intruvious
Yes, I get you. I was just, like others, questioning the usefulness of implementation on a fan scanlation site.

@MavB_Ver
I mean, it's a pretty small change. And it would definitely be helpful. Just like how there's information about a multitude of different things regarding a Manga.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just curious why you care so much about the minutiae of a "degenerate site" which clearly disgusts you and does not impress you.

@comeonnow0
It seems like I didn't word what I meant properly. What I meant was; "a site (mostly) filled with degenerate people." Now, that's better. Also, good to know you are one of those pricks (well, since it's moderated already, might as well say it) who screenshots comments and posts them where they don't belong. But, welp, to each their own.

Double-page supporter
> a site filled with degenerate people

LOL do you understand that you are one of these "degenerate people" since you are on this site? :D

Contributor
@Intruvious
If it's blank, then it means the TL group is uncertain and we can leave it at that.
pBkc0H7.png

Double-page supporter
> Not necessarily. I said it's filled with them, but not full of them. There's a difference.
Nope, there's no difference :D

fill
verb
• Cause (a space or container) to become full.

Users who are viewing this thread