Magical Trans! - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - It Pays to be Prepared

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I'd really rather all the translators for all the series stopped even trying to redraw the SFX.

Just giving small SFX translations is definitely good enough and tbh even 0 translation of the SFX and just leaving them as they are would be totally fine with me as well.
But that last one is probably just me since I can read at least Hiragana and Katakana decently enough, unless the author really tries stylizing them too much...

Contributor
If you don't feel like doing full redrawing you can also just white out the japanese text and typeset over it.
It looks like 85% as good with like 25% of the work.

Contributor
Can put SFX translation near the Japanese SFX. Or only do the SFX that contribute to the story and aren't obvious just by looking/reading the dialogue.

@jasty wow, all my problems are solved, how did i never think of that?
4f35f4d521.png

We're dropping SFX because chapters like chapter 13 are becoming more common — having frequent, large SFX spread out over entire panels that take a lot of redrawing.

@MooPoint Yes, the plan is to put translations of each SFX near the SFX. See Chapter 8 for an example.

Contributor
@Yuudaari yeah, whatever is in chapter 8 is more than sufficient (overdone, even). A good handful of the translated SFX in that chapter seemed non-vital the the story line... which made things feel like there were more clutter on the page than necessary. But that's just me; maybe others don't care so much.

Either way, I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate all the effort. Thank you.

Power Uploader
@Yuudaari
On the up-side, you now have chapters with fully redrawn and translated sfx which you can show off when applying for any other group.

I must say, the translation has grown on me. When Minami says he's worried about the "maniacal girl", it works at so many levels..

@kajarainbow Hold that thought. So far at least, his attitude is like being the "cool uncle" that babysits every so often vs. being the parent that has to deal with the kids 24/7. Minami finds it fun and gets to interact with it on his terms. Later chapters will continue to build on his character.

Contributor
Minami's response to did you bring a bra is priceless. Just Yeah, it never leaves my bag. ? Minami really is becoming more girl than guy these days.

@kajarainbow Right? At the very least, Minami is genderfluid. There's nothing perverted about being a girl for them, it's just part of who they are.

I mean what have they done so far? Walk around school like a normal girl, go clothes shopping and eating sweets like a normal girl, going to bed and sleeping as a girl, taking a bath as a girl but not to ogle herself, just for the experience of bathing as a normal girl.

Minami is trans af.

Dex-chan lover
In an ideal world, I'd like any guy who is interested in exploring his feminine side to be able to do it without feeling like he has to carry social weight that comes with labels. Guys who have no fear or aversion of experiencing true femininity are often some of the coolest guys I'd ever met. I think someday that'll even be considered normal for cis guys. We'll wonder why we ever gave weird looks to male friends who just want to be girls once in a while.

But by the same token, yeah, with Minami in particular where there's smoke there's probably fire. Especially considering the events of chapter 8. Seeing whether that fire is meaningfully addressed or simply just put aside is a major reason I'm excited to see future scanlations of this series.

To be clear, I'm not necessarily saying Minami is full on transgender. I said not cisgender, which is a different matter--there're multiple ways to not be cisgender. That said, I'm really interested in seeing how things develop. Even if it just stays a fun hobby, that's still enjoyable to read.

And, yeah, it'd be nice if people could just try out whatever gender they want to try.

Users who are viewing this thread