Manga Volume Cover Viewer :planned:

Dex-chan lover
This is something I thought it would be a nice touch and not exactly a great improvement, but you know how each manga title has the latest manga volume as cover? For example Enen No Shouboutai now displays Volume 15 cover, well, I thought it would be nice if we had an option to see the previous covers (Vol 14,13,12 etc) , like a little Next Arrow , is nice because some mangas have a lot of chapters/volumes and the art is really good, so maybe I could go and see all the One Piece volume covers for example, that's all... you think is a good idea or dumb?

VIP
I'd be interested in such a feature :p

Previous discussions:
- #11355: Scrollable multiple cover images for works with more than one volume?
- #15759: Support multiple cover art on a single title

A tangentially related topic is the debate over which volume cover should be used for a series, since only one image can be selected at a time right now. Previous threads discussing this:
- #6978: Volume covers should be as current as possible
- #18311: I think last volumes' covers are spoilerish...
- #38071: Simple Yet Effective Solution for the Volumes' Debate

Dex-chan lover
Oooh I passed through some pages and didn't see those, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought about that... And yes, some covers show spoilers so is hard to say which one should be the "main" cover considering that after a long time the art can change a lot and it wouldn't make justice to the current chapters, but well, that's another discussion. I hope we can see it one day! Thanks!

Contributor
I think it's a great idea, the question is whether it'll be too hard to implement or not.

If with this feature it'd be possible to choose your default preference regarding the cover number, then the whole problem will be kinda solved, I guess. So I'm on board with you.

Users who are viewing this thread