Hide new scanlators :rejected:

I don't want to see an old Bleach chapter on my follow list just because some new person is uploading/translating it, so I think there should be a better way to keep track of the chapters. For example, I read Bleach all along with the 675 chapters, so why is chapter 104 appearing as something new? I don't want to read it again just because someone else uploaded it, and this way to sort the chapters just doesn't make any sense (by upload date) and could be fixed just by changing it to the chapter number.

Dex-chan lover
i think this have been rejected before
that or i'm daydreaming again.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
You can always mark the title as completed and it won't show up in your follows or block the new scanlation group if you don't mind missing the rest of their content.

And even worse now, someone is reuploading Tokyo Manji Revengers, the manga is not even finished, so how would I mark it as "completed"?

Group Leader
Next best solution you can do is blocking the group. Sure if they pick up some series for real you might miss out but I don't think that's a likely scenario.

Sure, I will do it for now. But I think that my idea is pretty fair and doable (just some sort of DB where two chapters can't coexist as read and not read), and I hope some mod take it into account.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nerovski
The answer from the staff was it was not fair for the groups if they prioritize one group over another (in this case the faster one).
If you ask for it to be optional, well, it was suggested too, and was ignored.

Dex-chan lover
I think that attempting to implement the hiding of like chapters in Follows could run into some issues. What if different uploaders input different titles for the same chapter? (E.g. "Ch. 50" and "Vol. 3 Ch. 50".) Not sure if this would be an actual problem, as I'm not fluent in Dev, but I'm just putting it out there.

An alternative solution would be the ability to block specific titles from specific groups. That way, you'll be exclusively hiding the unwanted uploads from the group in question, and not blanket hiding all their works.

EDIT: Nvm, now we've just gotta wait for the :Rejected:.

Already been Rejected multiple times. also. "just some sort of DB where two chapters can't coexist as read and not read".... So you want Schrodinger's Database?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Firmly rejected for the 100th time, one of the main reasons being that it rewards sniping and shitty speedscans like nothing else ever would on top of discouraging competition. Just block.

@blackyawgdom But... I said that they COULDN'T. The "Schrodinger's Database" is as it is now, where you have chapter 3 uploaded 4 years ago and it's read, and chapter 3 uploaded today that it's not read. So... You read the chapter or not? :p

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Nerovski I don't think the lists will help with this issue. We are looking into adding some kind of "search filters" to all chapter list views (think of like the filters in an online shopping site), but as for any permanent blocking mechanisms like this, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread