Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 27 - Baptism

Fed-Kun's army
Page 29...that socked me right in an innermost fear. This whole chapter did, but that page really sums it up.

God i can really emphasize with him...

I recently got into college too but with covid its made me even more self conscious... idk how to recover from that kind of self-presentation...

This was such a good chapter. A lot of character intros, and personalities shown here. Poor Yaguchi feeling dispirited after an overwhelming presentation, a pain I know far too well...

And drunk Hanakage does whatever she wants to do LOL. A good professor as an acquaintance, but one I'd keep at arms length.

Dex-chan lover
He is way too hard on himself and it hurts because at the end of the day he is still a kid. A kid that doesn't realize that the world and everyone else isn't out to get him and prove him as some sort of "fraud". Like what the teachers did and said had no malice or even hint of condescension. They were genuinely just doing what they said they were doing. Asking them about their art and who they are. But he's placed so many expectations on himself he's cracking under it. He's seeing gedai as this holy ground that he is being blessed with attending, and not for what it is, a school. Hopefully the drunk teacher gets a hold of him or someone else cause he really needs it.

Thanks for the chapter!
I can't wait to see how much Yamaguchi will improve from here onwards!

Dex-chan lover
It's chapters like this that really remind me of how young our protagonist is.

Always remember that while you can see the flaws in your work, other people are seeing your strengths.

Two cakes

felt the anxiety in this chapter so hard. worrying too much of what others think and not forming your own identity to stand on bc you're too focused on how others perceive you...pretty relatable 😞 damn imposter syndrome

Dex-chan lover
Awww, this chapter really makes you feel his pain. Hope he makes some good friends among the other students

I feel you, yaguchi. When you thought you were the best in your school and when you went to uni, you feel smaller than the smallest of ants :(

Fed-Kun's army
Fuck this really hit close home.

Is true that Yaguchi is way too hard on himself, and that the teachers gave him pretty honest advice: It seems clear he is (naturally) a super fresh person to art, and that he still hasn't found his identity as an artist (which is what doing the presentation was about: Who are you, not only as a person but as an artist). However he has a drive, works hard, has developed good eyes etc... He has the foundation to grow further. And he can grow more from now on through his experiences at college and looking at other's works.

Dex-chan lover
yeesh, the mangakas a fucking whiz at encapsulating impostor syndrome
hope yaguchi can work through it

i love this manga, really resonates with me.
The tanslation is top notch, keep up the great work, really apreciate it, don't rush, take your time :). I'm really gratefull for the work you are doing.

This chapiter hits way way too close home. I'm litteraly an art student and got in the school I wanted, but, I'm not special nor do I know what I want to create. I really feel even more pathetic right now.

Users who are viewing this thread