Unable to read older chapters on tablet?

Hello. I'm having a problem when I try to read chapters that arent "new." It's much more convenient for me to read using my iPad rather than a computer, but when a chapter gets to be about 3 weeks or a month old, I'm not longer able to read it. It just tries to load it with no end, no error message or anything. I'm able to read newer chapters with no problem, but it feels like I'm on a time limit to read. Any fix to this?

Thanks!

Try visiting each page of the chapter once, giving it time to load, then revisiting the pages (even if the page bar says it's loading). I also prefer to read on my iPad, and the page bar started lying to me about older chapters after a while.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@VermillionJunk

https://mangadex.org/settings

Change MD@H Port limit to 443, and try again. Only thing I can think of that would be affecting it.

I'm bringing this back up. Unfortunately I resolved this issue by switching to the legacy reader. Now that it's dead, I'm encountering the same issues again. Switching to port limit 443 doesn't work. I also found that if I read in single pages, then refresh, it loads that page but this means for every page I have to refresh. As you can imagine this is very tedious. Could there be any other solutions? Again, this usually only happens to chapters older than a week or so.
EDIT: never mind, it is happening to brand new chapters too. I read in the announcement forums that some updates were made to the website? It seems it was not for the best for me. Unfortunately I'll probably have to read on other websites. I'll check back in a week or so to try again. Thank you for the suggestions anyway.

I'm having the same exact problem as the OP.

I also read manga on tablet because likewise it's more convenient for me, but about a week ago or so I started encountering this issue where chapters are on the never ending loading cycle.
This is not the first time that this happens, but previously I was able to bypass this issue by switching to Legacy reader for few days. But since the Legacy reader has been abandoned there goes that option.
Just like the OP, I did try to fix this problem on my end by clearing cookies etc. and even switching to other browsers, but no luck there.
And I also tried changing the MD@H Port limit to 443, but that didn't help me either.

Currently my only option to read manga is to read them on other websites. Even though aggregator sites are riddled with Ads which I hate, but they seem to be more stable on older tablets than MD is these days. 😕

Users who are viewing this thread