Blade of the Immortal

It's very good. There's a reason it won an award. If you like manga like Vagabond, Berserk, or Vinland Saga you'll definitely like this as well.

Dex-chan lover
this had the most dysfunctional and infuriating female lead i've ever saw

Dex-chan lover
This was a pretty great series, but I felt like it lost its way somewhere around... well, I don't remember, but the first few volumes are a great read, with beautiful artwork. I get the feeling it really could have wrapped up better in half the number of books, but whatever. Anime kinda sucked though.

I wish more people would read this manga. It has a great mix of comedy and drama, silly cartoons and beautiful art.

Dex-chan lover
i personally loved the female lead in this manga. interesting how many parallels they drew between her and the main villain of the story. ending felt abrupt and a tad cruel to anyone hoping for more emotional closure.

A true masterpiece on the level of Vagabond, Berserk, and Vinland Saga. I wish this site had the first 18.5 volumes available so people could read it all here from the start. It's a bit of a pain to track down any one site where you can read all of it. I had to read on like 3 different sites before I got to the point where I could read continuously here. Still great though. 10/10

Group Leader
To people asking about the missing chapters, this series has never been scanlated before chapter 120 (the early 90s). What you find online are ripped official chapters. They will never be uploaded here.

The digital copy goes on sale two times a year. I got the whole series (31 volumes) for 100$ on new years. Just add it on your wishlist on Amazon or Dark Horse website, you'll get a notification when the sale is up.

For the record: The English version is really good, especially that author had a hand in it with the redrawing handled by him.

Oh man, that was one WILD ride! The non-stop action, the super detailed art, and most importantly, the never-ending clash between dreams and ideals of the characters in the manga. Ooh boy! You just have to read this masterpiece!

Dex-chan lover
For the record: The English version is really good, especially that author had a hand in it with the redrawing handled by him.

Don't get me wrong, that's kind of cool I guess but I still can't help but wonder why, when the company localizing it probably has very good redrawers available anyway and the author ordinarily might have had plenty to deal with besides all that. Like literally anything else for either the original version of this, or for some other series they would've been working on.

This manga has a new run, the author is writing more chapters again and its a monthly release.

Users who are viewing this thread