Jpg borked for Polite Mangadex downloader?

Group Leader
I use Polite Mangadex downloader for both offline reading and archiving (you never know when a series or chapters will suddenly dissappear before I get a chance to read it), and have noticed that after 11/24/2020, the vast majority of .jpg images are only partially downloading/corrupted. I compared the bad download to a good download and noticed the bad file is anywhere from 10-20kb smaller then a good file, but the strange thing is that the downloaded jpg file is consistently the same exact size when downloaded with PMD. This obvisouly doens't happen in a normal web browser, but it makes PMD useless now as many series usually have some jpg files in them. PMDs' last update was over a month ago, so nothing changed there, and I'm not the only one to notice this issue in PMD (albeit only 1 other person reported it in the PMD thread, but hardly anyone posts anything there). I assume the changes behind the scene on the api/server code more then likely has something to do with it, but it's weird that only jpg files are affected. Is this something that could be looked at or fixed?

Dex-chan lover
@KazuyaKan Honestly this sounds like something you ask the PMD devs instead of MD staffs. As you said yourself:
PMDs' last update was over a month ago, so nothing changed there
It's the unofficial apps that need to keep up with the original site, like how youtube adblockers need to keep up with youtube ad changes instead of users asking youtube about their ads problem.
So yeah please go ask the app devs instead.

Users who are viewing this thread