Shuumatsu Touring - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Yokohama, Yokosuka

Fed-Kun's army
I'm beginning to suspect that Yohko's "sister" has been dead since before Yohko was born. That person on the monitor seems more like a teaching AI than a living human.

So from a happy-go-lucky girl simply exploring a strange, apocalyptic Japan, to a man whose mind was transported into a robotic body reminiscing on his long-dead family. My question is: if you were to pull his torso out of the water and recharged it, would he still be there? Or is his mind gone as it would be with a human body?

Dex-chan lover
so when the "sister" made the trip was 2035, haven't caught any indication of when disaster hit, or when they are.

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder why the author went with a famous person’s name for a one-off character. Nothing wrong with it really, but it would be funny reading something in English with a character named Barry Bonds, or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
@BilliusX

I wonder why the author went with a famous person’s name for a one-off character. Nothing wrong with it really, but it would be funny reading something in English with a character named Barry Bonds, or something like that.

Suzuki Ichirou? You're thinking the baseball player then? Or the automotive engineer? Or the footballer?
The same name was used for the MC in Death March, so perhaps it's just that most basic names ain't that special in Japan?

Especially Ichirou which just means firstborn son? And Suzuki being the second most common family name in Japan, beaten only by Satō
So it's more equal to naming a character James Johnson or smth? (Nearly John Smith in commonality, but not all the way).

Fed-Kun's army
@Simpleton Fair point. I was aware of the relatively small number of unique Japanese names compared to some other cultures, but did not realize how common this particular combination is. I should have said that it amused me.

Dex-chan lover
@BilliusX It's fine. It's fine. My main question stands though - which one was the famous one you were thinking about? XD

(It's only for my idle curiosity ;)

Fed-Kun's army
@Simpleton lol, the baseball player. I was in high school in the Seattle area when Ichiro made his American debut, so the name probably sticks out to me even more so.

Users who are viewing this thread